Grow Lights - umol / PAR Data and Spectrums

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Brada Haole, Sep 29, 2014.

1.    Grow Light umol / PAR Data and Spectrums

The numbers are at the bottom

Here is some data I think you have to have before you start looking at the numbers. This is just a start for you to do more research

Photosynthesis
    The process plants use to convert light energy into chemical energy. The overall chemical reaction involved in photosynthesis is:  6CO2 + 6H2O (+ light energy) → C6H12O6 + 6O2.

There are two parts to photosynthesis. They are called the light reaction and the dark reaction.

Chlorophyll a
    The Pigment that participates directly in the light requiring reactions of photosynthesis. It is a type of chlorophyll that is most common and predominant in all oxygen-evolving photosynthetic organisms. It is best at absorbing wavelengths in the 400-450 nm and 650-700 nm with a peak absorption of 430 nm and 662 nm of the electromagnetic spectrum. Its molecular formula is C55H72O5N4Mg
    http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Chlorophyll_a
    http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/conn.river/chlorophyll.html

Chlorophyll b
    Is an accessory pigment and acts indirectly in photosynthesis by transferring the light it absorbs to chlorophyll a. It is a yellow-green chlorophyll pigment which occurs only in plants and green algae. It absorbs well at wavelength of 450-500 nm and 600-650 nm with a peak absorption of 453 nm and 642 nm of the electromagnetic spectrum. Its molecular formula is C55H70O6N4Mg.
    http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Chlorophyll_b
    http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/conn.river/chlorophyll.html

View attachment 146357
    Grow Light Spectrums:
    Advanced LED Lights Diamond Series       
    View attachment 146352
    Solar Flare 200:                                   
    View attachment 146358
    LUMIGROW PRO 325                                
    View attachment 146355
    BLACK DOG 360W LED BD360-U             
    View attachment 146350

FERO Apollo LED 10 SPOT                          
    View attachment 146353

Sun System LEC 315 Ceramic Metal Halide
    View attachment 146351
    KIND LED K3 L600                                        
    View attachment 146354

400W HORTILUX HPS Lamp / 400W QUANTUM Ballast / YIELD MASTER 6” Reflector
    View attachment 146348

http://growershouse.com/images/ALTEST_infographic_1.pdf

ApacheTech AT600                                            
    View attachment 146349

Grow Light Performance Data
    LED Light         Actual/Watts   umol @ PAR at 12"          PAR at 18"    PAR at 24"    PAR at 36"    PAR at 48"
    BML Spydr S600       333w            450-600                             ?              400-500             ?                         ?
    XML-350                    336w                  ?                                1000                 ?               500                      300
    600 HPS                    639w                  ?                                 750                  ?               300                      225
    1000 HPS                1191w                  ?                               1200                 ?                485                      380
    Solar Flare 200          153w                  ?                                400                  ?                145                        97
    Kind L600                  287w                  ?                                 685                 406             335                      230
    Mars2 400                 177w                  ?                                 315                  ?                125                        83
    Diamond series 200 194w                   ?                                  600                 ?                300                      200
    Diamond series 300  261w                  ?                                  770                 ?                400                      285
    Diamond series 400  368w                  ?                                  850                 ?                480                      353
    Black Dog XL-U         750w                 896                              537               354                 ?                          ?
    LUMIGROW PRO 325 298w                ?                                 224                 ?                   ?                         ?           
    Apollo LED 10 SPOT    316w               ?                                 310                 ?                   ?                         ?            
    LEC 315 Ceramic MH   348w               ?                                 394                 ?                   ?                          ?            
    400W  HPS Lamp             
    400W QUANTUM Ballast
    Yield Master 6” Reflector  426w                 ?                                    217                  ?                    ?                             ?        
    ApacheTech AT600       742w              ?                                1636             1315               ?                           ?
    Intellegent Gro 90                 ?                  205                                  156                 112               59*                            ?
    Intellegent Gro 180               ?                  424                                  368                226               113*                           ?                  

* 30” not 36”                                                                     
    hope this is helpful

2. Wow thats cool, hopefully we can fill in some of those blanks!

3. #3 Peflora, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014

BML makes a grow and flower SPYDR, Additionally, the buyer can choose their own spectrums

Why you reffuse to get this, even though I have brought it up to you on another site is beyond me

Also indpendent testing shows SPYDR 600 having the most photon efficiency of 1.66 umoles/J, only slightly behind a Gavita 1000 @ 1.7

It sure seems to me that you have a hard on against BML

4. Hey Bra no beef you just told everyone all the great things about BML; right on! I only wish BML great success. I just copied that data from the BML website. if you got more info post it just copy past the info in so we can all see it. please include a spectrum. as you can see those numbers are useless with out the spectrum. I only got so much time you know. 

5. oh if i only had the money!! :) that would be fun

6. Come on. Same lame excuse you gave me on another grow site

I showed you then where you were not grabbing the right info to make a proper comparison

So until you know what you are doing, you're not doing anyone a favor

Instead, you are adding to the confusion

7. Is there a non biased third party site doing testing? Im curious from a buyers point of view. I just want real info, i dont care from the source as long as theyre legit.

Poke

8. here is my lame excuse View attachment 146426  I got this here http://www.bmlhorticulture.com/spydr-600-grow-max-spectrum/ click on the par chart tab. I do not post center par numbers compared to average par numbers. Please if you are unhappy with the numbers call your company and speak with them about it. Until then I will post the numbers i find on their website. Please don't blame me for the poor performance of the BML Spydr S600 It is not my fault it only puts out the PAR of a 200w light.  :confused_2:

my purpose was to help sorry it confused you. Aloha Bra

i got this data from three websites growershouse.com/blog/category/leds/ 
    http://www.bmlhorticulture.com/spydr-600-grow-max-spectrum/ 
    and https://advancedledlights.com/light-performance-tests/
    two are manufactures and one is a retailer it is the best i have. the spectrums are just as important maybe more important than the numbers. the numbers shows the intensity of the light but the spectrum is going to show you what light you are producing. with out the right spectrum big numbers dont mean as much. I cant wait to see your first LED grow :) 

9. http://growershouse.com/blog/hid-bulb-test-comparison-review-hortilux-ushio-digilux-baddass-solistek-lumatek-maxlume-growlite-ultra-sun

Their test is right, except Hortilux and Ushio most of other brands are purchased from China, some distributors contacted me before, they don't want real grow light, the price will be higher, they only want cheap street light, that's why the PAR is so low. 

See attached report, we can make E39 1000W with 2100μmol/s, better than Hortilux, just your distrubutors don't willing to pay a little more. 

Attached Files:

10. The problem is, those with a little bit of knowledge (like Brada) who are trying to be helpful, misintrept the data they are reading elsewhere

11. I know that you are trying to help, but you don't know enough to help

As I pointed out to you in the other gro site, the charts you are using for your example is the worst case scenario when SPYDR is at max

4 x 4. Me, actally using one, knows it is designed for a max of 3 x 3, with 2 x 3 delivering the goods we mj growers need

That said, $999 to cover 3 x 3 is kind of $$$.

The SS 260 I have now will cover 2 x3. One is $795 with discouts on 2/3, and a big discount on the 4th panel

I hope this clarifies it for you. It would be nice if you delete all your disinfo BML postings

12. you have had ample opportunity to post your lights data but instead you are choosing to insult me. my knowledge shows well enough your know it all forceful attitude is coming in loud and clear. I have posted my data you have posted insults and accusations with no evidence. and unlike you my knowledge comes from my experience with different lighting. 
    View attachment 143776
    View attachment 142628
    Peflora can you please show some evidence to prove all the things you are saying please?  :confused_2: 
    I do know any chance BML would have had to sell me a light is lost. I thought they had a pretty good idea but if they have people like you representing them I will never even consider them. and that goes for any light you are trying to sell. Does your boss know what you are doing  :lol:

here is the data so every one can see it again. the numbers in my opinion only make sense with the spectrum. and by the way BML does not show the actual chart they used but i was trying to be nice and include them; you guys can make your own judgement on them.

<div>this is the light plants use 
    <div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(90,90,90);font-family:arial, tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">[​IMG]
    Grow Light Spectrums:
    Advanced LED Lights Diamond Series       
    [​IMG]
    Solar Flare 200:                                   
    [​IMG]
    LUMIGROW PRO 325                                
    [​IMG]
    BLACK DOG 360W LED BD360-U             
    [​IMG]

FERO Apollo LED 10 SPOT                          
    [​IMG]

Sun System LEC 315 Ceramic Metal Halide
    [​IMG]
    KIND LED K3 L600                                        
    [​IMG]

400W HORTILUX HPS Lamp / 400W QUANTUM Ballast / YIELD MASTER 6” Reflector
    [​IMG]

http://growershouse.com/images/ALTEST_infographic_1.pdf

ApacheTech AT600                                            
    [​IMG]
    \nGrow Light Performance Data
    LED Light         Actual/Watts   umol @ PAR at 12"          PAR at 18"    PAR at 24"    PAR at 36"    PAR at 48"
    BML Spydr S600       333w            450-600                             ?              400-500             ?                         ?
    XML-350                    336w                  ?                                1000                 ?               500                      300
    600 HPS                    639w                  ?                                 750                  ?               300                      225
    1000 HPS                1191w                  ?                               1200                 ?                485                      380
    Solar Flare 200          153w                  ?                                400                  ?                145                        97
    Kind L600                  287w                  ?                                 685                 406             335                      230
    Mars2 400                 177w                  ?                                 315                  ?                125                        83
    Diamond series 200 194w                   ?                                  600                 ?                300                      200
    Diamond series 300  261w                  ?                                  770                 ?                400                      285
    Diamond series 400  368w                  ?                                  850                 ?                480                      353
    Black Dog XL-U         750w                 896                              537               354                 ?                          ?
    LUMIGROW PRO 325 298w                ?                                 224                 ?                   ?                         ?           
    Apollo LED 10 SPOT    316w               ?                                 310                 ?                   ?                         ?            
    LEC 315 Ceramic MH   348w               ?                                 394                 ?                   ?                          ?            
    400W  HPS Lamp             
    400W QUANTUM Ballast
    Yield Master 6” Reflector  426w                 ?                                    217                  ?                    ?                             ?        
    ApacheTech AT600       742w              ?                                1636             1315               ?                           ?
    Intellegent Gro 90                 ?                  205                                  156                 112               59*                            ?
    Intellegent Gro 180               ?                  424                                  368                226               113*                           ?     

</div></div>

13. i used the numbers provided by the companies in the charts they posted. the companies used different methods of charting but they each measured in the 4 same spots for the center 2x2 area so i used an average of those numbers. if i remember correctly you work for a HID lighting company right? I am obviously a die hard LED fan but i would love if you could post some data you have collected. my intent was for people to have one location to see the numbers side by side and i think honest companies would welcome this. there are a lot of technologies out there i have not tried but would love to see the numbers on. the Ceramic Metal Halide has a pretty nice spectrum. I actually want to try one now because of this doing this thread. 

Dear Brada, in fact we are the first inventor of UFO type LED grow light on 2000, but sooner copied by many companies. We cannot competed them with price then lost the market, currently we only make customized LED grow light for goverment project, like 250w water proof(no fans) LED grow light for Ministry of Science and Technology, 1000w dimmable water cooling LED grow light for the Chinese Academy of Engineering, new project is to design container loading plants grow system for Antarctic Stations, just do something normal China companies cannot do.

At HID side, we made the first 1000w double ended in China on 2010, then spent 2 years to improve PAR from 1850μmol/s to 2100μmol/s, sometimes can exceed 2200μmol/s. Our main customers are EURO greenhouse growers, but we found the indoor grow market in north American is also a huge market, unfortunately after I talked with some USA and Canada distributors, they don't accept our price,  they prefer to buy high lumen HPS rather than high PAR HPS.  Growerhouse's test report have told you the poor performance of those high lumen HPS, now I show you the differences of each wavelength between those two types of HPS. Be notice on 660nm.

So I think only you end users know how to choose the right bulbs, distributors may stop purchasing cheap bulbs, they will hate me , some forum blocked my IP, hope I can still sign in tomorrow.

Attached Files:

15. For CMH, we developed 315w ballast and 860w ballast for DNA lighting, 860w seems not stable, so we don't sell it.
    315w bulb is under developing, with Japan TOTO burner. If it pass the lifespan test, you will see it as attached picture on your market, of course cheaper than Philips.

Attached Files:

16. wow that is cool thank you. any data that you have would be great also. i wish we could get in your head and see all the data you have gained. if you are in the lighting industry you must have some mad experience. all mine has come from buying and trying lights. after a while you can start to look at spectrums and numbers and pretty much know what the light will do. 

17. #17 Peflora, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    The evidence is right where you copied it.

It's just that you keep posting the 4 x 4 data, which is worst case scenario

BML> horticulture tab> scroll down and click on PDF Scrool down ~ 6 pages to 

See the proof of our superior performance in these actual PAR Maps!

Keep in mind the data you keep pulling is from the 4 x 4, which is WORST CASE scenerio

3rd pic, on far right is umoles when bars are centered= 2 x 3

No grower would use the SPYDR 600 to cover 4 x 4

But at 2 x 3 in a max 3 x 3 tent it would be an excellent light, as I am proving in my threads on other grow sitees

Do you get this now, or are you unable to intrepet what you are looking at?

I am not compensated in any way by BML

I agreed to return the light I have, which has nothing in common with the one they used to post their data

Where do you point that out, or do you think it unneessary to do so?

The SPYDRs they chose to get the posted umole data ARE NOT SPECTRALLY designed SPECIFICALLY for MJ

I only harp on you, because they, AS WELL as the people reading your posts, deserve honest analysis

What frustrates me, is that I provided all this to you on another site ~ 3 weeks ago,  and yet you ignore it and continue to post data that casts an unkind shadow over BMLs true potential

18. I understood you the first time it is you who is not getting it.

every other light listed is using a 4x4 grid why would i treat you any different? every measurement up there was taken from a 4x4 grid. you want me to change the data for one light I am not going to do that sorry. and by the way i am not on any other sites. I am only here at GC!!!! we did talk in another thread but who cares about details yeah;'thread site its all the same?

19. First, it's not ME you are mistreating, it's BML.

Second, the SPYDR data you copied is NOT for a light designed for mj. So posting it is highy misleading. That you continue to not get that is a detrement to your credibility

20. Thank you for your concern for my credibility. we obviously disagree on this issue. I will continue to enjoy your grow