Lst first try please sub in

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by nicvigar, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Hey guys So I have a lemon have plants close to a month and a bit old . I have been training it and it really is looking good . I would love to have so good advice and any tricks or tips would be so great 1412005166291.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. #2 Thefarmer1, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    Hey man! LST Is a great way to not only save space but give you more colas which = more bud! I've always LST'd my plants so I'll give you a little advice on yours...

This may not be the 100% accurate way but it's always worked for me. I tie one twisty to my plant keeping the plant at "12 o'clock" or straight up. This is just to hold it in place. The second tie off is farther up the plant, this is the one which you'll be moving more and more to achieve the "curve".

I just took a picture of one of my dead male plants to give you an idea of how I LST. Basically you did it right but you want another tie to kind of anchor the plant or else you're basically ripping the plant out of its base which will stress it more than it should.

Attached Files:

3. Oh right okay so I need to get the base of the stem to almost bend to a 90 degree ?

4. hey man so I did what ypu said and it looks great I'd just like some advice on what lst will achieve and where I can see it taking place iv taken a few photos not sure which will help and which won't but il up load them all .
    This was taken today
    I want to know if those new leaves coming up and growing toward the light will form a new stem for a bud to form on or just new leaves ? I have it on high nitrogen and 24/7 light ? Any advice ?

5. Glad to hear it went ok. It's good to just pull back a little every day for a couple days til you have the desired curve.

The purpose of LST is to pull back the main cola or main bud site so that the lower bud sites will get more light and therefore bigger colas. This allows you to get a wide bush full of main colas. It will get you more bud but not more bud sites.

6. Sent from my SM-N900 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

7. Looks good, only tip for next time is try not to actually pull the plant so far into the dirt. The bottom half of the plant should be straight up at a 90 degree angle and the top half should be the half leaning, but not laying I'm the dirt. The point is to get the top cola and leaves out of the way so that light can reach the bottom part of the plant. You seem to have the idea though!

How old is your baby now? She's gotten bigger since your first post. Seems you're around the age they seem to just explode with growth. Love it? Good luck!

8. Just subbed. I'm also going to try my 1st if my white widow isn't to big. Its 2 Weeks into veg

9. Hey guys So I haven't been on here in long but here is an update on my plant it is really looking great

Attached Files:

10. That should have vegged longer before going into flower. Or is it an auto?

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.