Bud progression when no leaves left?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by hmpfff, Sep 29, 2014.

1. So I'm going to skip over the normal format of questions that I should have answered before asking my own question, only because at this point I'm not trying to solve the problem, rather I'm wanting to know how my girl is affected by this issue at this point:

This is my first grow and I've struggled immensely with yellowing leaves from my girl. Since a couple weeks into 12/12 all fan leaves little by little, from the bottom up have started yellowing until eventually shriveling up and turning a crispy brown. After researching and diagnosing her, my theory is, nitrogen toxicity since there was also clawing going on everywhere. At this point I am in week 9 of flowering and she is definitely not ready yet based on trich color and bud density. Also she's sativa so it only makes sense that she's been taking longer. EVERY single fan leaf is gone! All that's left are leaves that are directly in between the bud sites, and even those have begun to yellow and shrivel/fall off. Finally, my question is: As far as bud ripening goes, will this hinder the bud from thickening up and ripening in the last couple weeks of 12/12 or will she be ok? I'd hate to harvest now as trichs have literally just begun to turn milky and bud is fluffy still with calyxes very erect and protruding still. Need expert advice here!

2. I am anxious to hear an answer to this one as well.

3. Ditto^

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4. I think I'm in the same boat I only have about 4-5 fan leaves on the top of my plant left and I'm 2 weeks in flowering. All the fan leaves I have are crisp and dry looking happened over night without yellowing I've been thinking about pulling them off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I pulled my off since it doesn't take much for them to come off... But I recommend leaving them. Since I've stopped pulling them off the yellowing has slowed a bit.

6. Ignore the leaves color, but pull off dead ones. feed for bloom only when you see yellow leaves, fuck those leaves.

Too may growers feed nitrogen in bloom and fuck up.

7. I used tiger bloom from fox farms a cap full each watering I think that's where I fucked up.

8. I fucked up my last grow and did that to my plants. I harvested a couple ounces but it's garbage I'm just gonna make some hash and get ready the next round.

Basically don't get your hopes up

9. Yeah you're never supposed to feed every watering. I've consistently read that you should go no more than half strength and fees at most every other watering. And again, I recommend just letting the leaves fall off on their own. You don't need to additionally harass her by plucking off dying leaves. Plus I think that the sooner you remove a dying leaf, if the cause of the problem isn't resolved, the sooner the next healthy leaf will be affected... Makes sense to me. Flush and then water without food for 2 weeks before even think about feeding again.

10. Should I flush on its watering day? Which would be friday or asap?

11. If it's from over feeding you should always flush ASAP. Make sure the water is ph balanced though! I'm no expert so I suggest you find a specific guide on flushing properly first. When feeding always remember: a little goes a long way. It's better to have deficiencies than nute burn. Deficiencies are easily fixed, contrary to nute burn.