Cleaning the bowl of a bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by hollowbubble, Sep 29, 2014.

1. I have a 12 inch tall mini bong. I've been using it 3-4 times a day for a few months now and it's getting a little dirty. I've been hesitant to clean it because I'm not sure how. The bowl I figured I would wash by cleaning with soap water and some pipe cleaners. The problem is the bong. It's a percolator so I can't stick my hand down there and clean it all. I was thinking I would submerge it in water and let it soak. Any tips or better ways to clean them both? I'll post pictures later when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #3 guest/banned, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Use isopropyl alcohol, just pour some into the bong, cover any holes and shake.

3. You need to mix salt in with the ISO.

And good Lord, several times a day for a few months is definitely more than a little dirty. It's going to take some elbow grease regardless.

I've heard salt really helps with the cleaning but I don't use it, I just clean my bong often :)

5. So just dump it in? It has a few different pieces in side. Will any thing get stuck in side?

6. #7 wumboshouse, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    dump the salt in, then dump the iso in, and shake very vigorously for about 2 minutes. Cover all the holes, and when you're done, just dump it out and rinse with hot water for about a minute

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum