I hate stoners that are obsessed with cannabis and how natural it is.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mid man, Sep 29, 2014.

Agreed. Un-informed people jump on whatever bandwagon happens to be going by. Because everybody else is saying it they follow along in typical herd fashion.

Weed = it's "natural" so it must be good.

Poisonous mushrooms = they're "natural," . . . so they must be good . . . ?

Rattlesnakes = "natural," . . . good for you? Great White Sharks?

"Chemical" fertilizers have the same active chemicals that manure does (basically nitrogen, phosphate, and potash). That's why it works. Yes, I'm aware that manure also has humus and other organic matter which is good for plants. But the "chemical" part is the same as synthetic fertilizer.

"Holy shit, GMOs are going to kill us all!" Everyone just assumes they're "bad" for us, unaware that Mother Nature genetically modifies plants and animals all the time. The knee-jerk reaction is always that they're BAD for us. Why isn't the knee-jerk reaction is that they are GOOD for us? One un-informed opinion is as valid as the next un-informed opinion.

Synthetic vitamins are no different than nature's vitamins, strictly speaking. Yes, Mother Nature usually surrounds vitamins with other nutrients that help us absorb the vitamins better, but that's beside the point.

"Eeek! That's full of preservatives! I ain't eating that!" And what is probably the oldest preservative known? -- salt. And it is vital to life; you cannot live without it. Too much, of course, isn't good for you. Water is the same thing -- essential for life but too much, too quickly, will kill you.

Haha, these first-world "problems" crack me up. If the day ever comes when Americans are actually hungry* (like millions are in the world every day) they will forget all about these silly distractions.

* By "hungry" I don't mean: "Hmm, I'm hungry. Should I order pizza or go out for a sit-down Chinese meal?"

By "hungry" I mean you have no food, haven't had anything substantial to eat in weeks, there is no food in the supermarkets or they are closed until further notice, and you have no money.

Agreed. Poverty does not exist in America. 

3. its still natural but has been processed.

Concentrates like bho is still thc but processed in a way that is more potent per weight of drug.

Fully synthetic drugs are drugs that mimic the effects of some natural compounds but when derived/manufactured they did not come in contact with the natural compound. For example the chinese would boil a root called Mua Huang that contains the active ingredient ephedrine. Many amphetamines may not use ephedrine but use chemicals that effect the same receptors in a similar fashion

Cocaine is just processed Coca leaf that makes into powder that can have a variety of ROAs

4. Tell that to those of us who've had to do without. I've had to go without a roof over my head, without food to eat, and had to catch my own food to survive. I've never had more than a hundred dollars a month to spend on food, even when I had a job.

5. i was going to "like" this but i dont like this. i just wanted to acknowledge the fact that this man has dealt with a struggle that i once faced.

Well feel free to. It just means you agree. Believe me, I understand wholeheartedly what it is to do without. My mom abandoned me when I was 10. I'm going to go have a drink. Out of weed, and thinking about past events hurt

7. I've noticed this thread has gone 5 pages with serious replies only beginning to sprout now. I'm not even going to argue "natural is better" because clearly OP has his own strict definition of natural. However, don't imply that bud grown organically is inferior to bud grown with chemicals. "Unnatural" as it may be, I would imagine it has less carcinogens and other risk factors. Not to mention, a happier plant= A healthier plant. While some artificial methods might force the plant to be more potent or higher yield, organic growing is still healthier.

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Hard situation to be in. Not saying you haven't been though some hard times but...living in homeless in America is still living better than like 70% of the world

9. You have absolutely no evidence for any of this.

Not really.

11. I am not going to disagree. I am just saying that poverty in USA does exist. 100%, no doubt, exists.

12. Ya, I don't. But at the same time my main focus was on OP's definition of natural which basically excludes any plant humans have cultivated/ improved (tomatoes, bananas included). Consider the rest my possibly false opinion as an organic loving "hippie"

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I guess I can agree with you there, people do live in bad conditions here. 

But nothing compared to China/Africa/Russia/North Korea. NOTHING.

14. #54 -Martyr, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    - So there's nothing natural about weed, except that it's an organic life form that grows from the earth or any growing medium, and isn't synthetic? Sounds legit.

- The manner in which the contrasting substances are grown, is completely irrelevant if one gives you cancer whether it's organically grown or not, while the other probably wouldn't if you you put it in a sealed bag and buried it in the ground for a year, and then smoked it. Stoners seem primarily concerned with the blatant killing of their peers via a lesser option. The primary reason, in my opinion, that anyone smokes cigs is because they're stupid, already hooked, or they were stupid years ago when they got into it. Every person I know who smokes tobacco or cigs, eventually tells me they have to quit, or wish they could. As for the whole "demonizing" thing... it's GrassCity not SmokeCity. If you want people who are going to cream about smoking death, go to the corner store and bond with a stranger over paying like a dime bag for a shorter existence that was already short. People can do what they want, but if you believe that to be true, you're gonna have to learn to not give a fuck about the negatives the same way you just expect people to turn a blind eye to millions of people perpetuating a shit habit that younger more impressionable members of society are bound to pick up. It's your life, but the far-reaching implications of your decisions should always be considered.

There's nothing hipster about adhering to one's own personal sense of logic. You get a bag with 20k and a bunch of poisonous snakes, and one with 100k and no snakes. If you can only have one, which do you choose? People who smoke cigs are picking the first. You may not get bit or hit with an illness, but you're fucking poking the bear when you don't have to. You could have therapeutic benefits, destress, and not have to worry about any of it. It's your right to do what you want, but you can fuck off with the sob story. I don't have to respect anything any of you do, if it conflicts with my morals and perspective. Especially when the argument is "wahhhhhh stop hating on me for smoking cigs on one of the most expansive cannabis forums on the website. How about you join a cig forum and talk to them? Oh that's right, people don't build communities to interact with people making shit decisions outside of the political landscape.

Cig smoking <> cannabis smoking. People don't smoke cigarettes to get high and medicate. 

And no one has been calling me out for smoking - I don't regularly smoke. All I'm saying is, it's hypocritical to criticize tobacco smokers when us weed smokers hate it when people do it to us. 

16. Cigarettes cause cancer. Cannabis saves lives everyday.

Every older member of my family died young from cigs. I held their hand while they gasped til the end.

As a sick person, whose lost people to cancer, i think your argument sounds very youthful and not well thought out.

Chemicals are sprayed on tobacco to increase their addictive properties. The same is not sprayed on cannabis.

Compare tobacco to the other killer alcohol and youll have a valid argument.

Otherwise, you sound as biased as the hypocrites you are trying to expose.

-poke

How am I being biased? I smoke both weed and tobacco. You lost people to cancer from tobacco, your the only one biased against it.

All I'm saying is how can you hate on tobacco smokers [not the substance itself] if you don't like it when ol McDonald from 1938 hates on you for smoking weed?  

18. You are comparing a processed substance with known carcinogens added to plant i grow personally, dry and pick, no processing required.

Only thing i feed my soil plants is manure tea.

You make the weird argument about how theyre grown with chemicals, which is also true of all foods consumed. I know, i live in the central valley where they dump 7 million tons of pesticides a year on us.

I also used to smoke cigars. Quit due to extreme health problems caused by them. Switched back to mary jane and things cleared up.

And this thread isnt about me or anyone hating on tobacco smokers, its about you degrading cannabis to the level of chemically processed tobacco, which is NOTHING like regular, unprocessed tobacco (i know, ive grown tobacco as well and smoked it) and justifying your usage of said processed substance, because you somehow feel threatened by an opinion that differs from yours.

Bitterness is really self pity projected outward and your post sounds bitter, from an outsiders perspective.

When did I "degrade cannabis to the level of chemically pressed tobacco"? Tobacco is grown naturally too. 

Are you saying there is no such thing as pressed cannabis? I think Mexico would disagree with you there

Get over the fact that it's a plant, not your god. 

20. there is a huge difference between MMJ and a Newport 100