What do you think?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by joeygq1990, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Check my baby out lol ... Been using LED LIGHTS without problem but they are strong I'm pulling 6-7,000 lumens....Also what is ideal temp for it I keep it between 84-88 tops 90 degrees during day at night I drop it to 75-78 most 82 degrees is that ok?
    Also I'll post another pic why are my tips of plant brown alittle please respond thanks and have great week

Regards,
    Joseph Dancu

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Here are the pictures !! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411926376.281734.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411926389.045982.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411926403.550995.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411926415.334843.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411926425.535499.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411926440.050287.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411926454.234685.jpg

3. I'm not super educated on identifying problems from the leaves, but your first picture seems to show there might be a nutrient problem, notice how lime green/yellow the entire outline of the leaves are? Doesn't seem super serious, yet, hopefully someone dropping by can maybe diagnose or assist. Otherwise she looks pretty haha, what light specifically are you using? I wanna upgrade my leds soon

135w UFO LED Micro Grow:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1308910-135W-Led--Organic-1St-Grow

4. Yea well so far everything looks amazing not a leaves have brown tips I sprayed some neem oil on soil not sure if I should do it to plant leaves as well but there rarely ever any bugs anyways there expect those harmless small little ones... Thanks for that I'm going to check those LEDS OUT...

5. If you don't notice any bugs in the soil or on leaves, just hold off on the neem... Usually it's better to spray the entire plant than soil anyway - or you kill off soil microbiology on the top layer... If you're in flower hopefully you should be good without any spray.

135w UFO LED Micro Grow:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1308910-135W-Led--Organic-1St-Grow

6. From what I've read Neem OIL should ONLY be applied as a foliar spray to the leaves, never on the soil (since it is oil based) unless it is Neem cake.

HTH

OT

7. Will do when I get home man damn I knew it temps were to high I just figured I needed tropical conditions lol outside temps here now at night is 45-55 and during day 60-75

8. So I should use neem oil directly on the leaves above and below??? Not on the soil mixed with water I done that before helped with bugs never sprayed on leaves??

Never, ever apply straight neem oil to anything - soil, leaves, etc.

You will do a level of damage that cannot be fully explained - that is a promise.

CC

10. So I mix it up with water and give few squirts of neem and spray leaves and soil then?

I'm going to take updated pictures and post them shortly On my way! Home!!!

Science or evidence that backs your claim?

Spray plant only, not the soil.

12. How much neem to water ratio or should I use pure to spray the plant and leaves... :) thanks for all your help :)

Bring your lunch and a big dictionary......

:laughing:

15. Checked my notes. Here you go from LD/CC though it might be out of context since I wrote it down to shortened it in my notebook.

-1tsp of Neem oil is the amount for 1 quart of water, you basically want to add the same amount of liquid silica to emulsify the oil (hence water and oil don't mix) so that it can disperse in the water. Just do this 1tsp of neem, w/ 1tsp of protekt and mix until it turns "color"(you will know)

Then to this add 1 quart of warm water-not hot- heat degrades the fungicide and pesticide compound.

Shake.

Then add your saponin ingridient be it aloe vera or some kind of soap (dr. Bronners not your regular dish washing soap lol) the saponins help the mix above stick to the leaves/branches.

It is important to go in this order especially with aloe vera being last. Putting it in the mix before can bring consequences lol.

All credit goes to LD/CC

16. "Science or evidence that backs your claim?"

A very good way for you to be 100% sure, one way or another would be for you to try this yourself. Try spraying a single plant with pure neem oil.

J

Just bring the PDFs on, I don't read these forums without merriam-webster open. :devious:

18. #19 over dere, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    joeygq1990

I guess it's time to explain some basics about neem oil and any oil you choose to use as a foliar spray.

1. Water and oil do not mix without using an emulsifier

2. Read #1 again

The constituents in neem oil, i.e. not the Secondary Metabolites, PGRs, PGHs, amino acids, enzymes, i.e. just the consituents are almost identical to olive oil and there is a reason for that - both trees produce drupes.

You must emulsify the oil before you add it to the water because if you do not then the oil will come out in globs and if you're using a cheap polyurethane sprayer you will clog the nozzle. That isn't speculation or creative thinking - it's a fact.

You will create several problems like clogging the stomata on the underside of the leaves, creating an oily mess on the top and bottom of the leaves and you'll be claiming that 'Neem oil doesn't work' 

HTH

CC