Ti nail messed up?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Asad32, Sep 28, 2014.

1. #1 Asad32, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    So I got my 10mm ti nail, seasoned with a bunch of my wax at a friends. She let me do it and I did it outside, but then her sister came home and her sister was mad so I left and brought all my stuff. I couldn't empty out the water because I rushed out and it spilled in my car.. So as soon as I could I looked at my rig and noticed that the water spilled out onto the nail a little. I tried wiping it off but it was like stuck in the really seasoned nail. I decided to use a lighter to try to evaporate the water but it didn't work so I decided fuck it and torch it. Now it's like all blue and crusty. Does it look normal? Did I mess it up?

2. Lol

ok so first what nail are you using.

Second the crusting is probably burnt contaminants from the wax.

And third. Don't worry about the water.

A little water won't mess up your nail. If your nail is red hot and then you dunk it in water( a "seasoning" method that doesn't do anything but degrade the life of your nail) it's speeds up oxidation.

For proper seasoning you must understand the leidenfrost effect.

Blue is a natural color for the nail to turn after the bright purple color fades. Not sure what nail you are using but my biggest concern is always the nail.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum