ebb and flow grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by groovy31, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Hello everyone. I am growing in a ebb and flow flood and drain system and first time ever. I am using clay rocks with 8 plants. I have 5 auto's and 3 original plants. I will never grow auto's and original one's at the same time again. Bec they need different ppm. I started growing with 3 parts GH fertilizer and had problems. So I switched to advance nutrients 3 parts ph perfect. And had good luck with it. My automatic plants are almost done and the other one's are 2 weeks into flowering. The original one's are 44 inches tall I think I let them grow to tall bec now the bottom leafs are turning yellow and falling off. The buckets are only 2 gal buckets I think. So I don't think the bottom leafs are getting enough light down there so I think that's why the bottom leafs are falling off. I really don't think it's a ppm problem bec it's been staying the same. But a lot of work on getting the ppm to stay at the same. The ppm keeps going up ever day so I lower it and the the ppm is going down every day so yeah I got it staying at the same now. So I was wondering if this is going to be a problem that the bottom leafs are falling off? The ec is only at .9 it seems I can't get it any higher if I put it at a higher ppm then the ppm will start to go up every day. Any info would be great.

Attached Files:

2. Bottom leafs are not a ppm problem, let them fall off. In the future you may want to remove the lower branches & leaves so you dont have to deal with all those little popcorn buds. 

3. Thanks for your replay. Ok that's good I thought I might have a problem bec the bottom leafs are falling off.

4. Your Ppm rising is because the water evaporates and is soaked up by your plants when you flood. It might not be much but it will raise your Ppm drastically.