When to say I love you?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by BuddhistBrian, Sep 28, 2014.

1. So I'm in love with my best friend of a few months, I'm about to tell her. Just need to know what situation y'all think would be best to bring that up in.

Thanks for the advice beforehand

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. So she doesnt know? Does she have any feelings for you that you know of?

3. Yikes. This is such a tough situation.
    When I was about 20-21, my best friend of FIVE years professed his love to me.
    He wrote me a letter, on yellow legal paper with a green pen...the folds of the page were warn...he must have had it for quite some time.
    And I was blind sided. But it had been five years.
    You can't wait, but approaching the situation will be difficult.
    I guess the only thing you can do is be honest with her. Have a conversation. Put yourself out there. Yiu have to take the risk.

4. Well we have hooked up a few times and she knows I care about her. We just don't really talk about titles and feelings. I'm just trying to open those doors for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Then do it. Tell her what you want, how you feel, I think a few months is a fair amount of time to have that conversation, especially if you're hooking up. It is a good idea to establish expectations. Just do it. :)

6. Just ask her how she feels about you.
    If she says she likes you a lot, play on that. I wouldn't come out and say I love you until after she's confirmed she has feelings for you.

7. You can do what I did once. Ask her advice about this girl you are in love with and what you should do. Hopefully she'll say something along the lines of you telling the girl you love that you love her and that's when you say it.

8. Boom. Done that before.

9. Don't do that . ^^ Seriously, just be honest. Don't play games. Don't fuck with her emotions.

You guys mean you saw that happen in a movie right?

11. Shit. We watched it together.  :hide:

12. dont say you love her before you're even together bro. thats just weird and she will be overwhelmed and shocked.

13. Get really drunk then tell her you love her and if she says nothing back just play it off. Then the next day just tell her you are sorry if you said anything inappropriate to her that you drank a little to much but that you do have strong feelings for her. Oh and then ask if she wants to bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Do not just openly profess your love for her, that might come off strange. You already talk to her, just discuss it. Or just say, hey I want to be on you. I am joking but you already talk so just ask her out on a date together with no one else but you and her. I think that has a way better chance than just awkward discussion. Then discuss things on the date.

15. I did it in real life and it worked out.

I asked the girl about it
    I asked her about it later on and she did say she was sad when she thought I wanted to be with someone else but at the same time she liked the way I did it.

This thread reminds me of a scene in Watchdogs where a guy tells his friend he loves her and she rejects him and he plays it off like she misunderstood what he meant when he said he loved her. OP can say he loves her outright and if she rejects him he can get real awkward and be like "I meant I love you as a friend duuh"

There us a scen

16. make sure it's an intimate moment then start off with "we've been friends for a long time.."

17. #17 -Martyr, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Saying "I love you" is like anal sex. The best way to go about it, is to really just dive right in emphatically to show that you're serious.

18. I would like to point out how ineffective a method this is in regards to anal. Not as bad of advice when it comes to dropping the "L-bomb" though.

19. While your inside her..

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. #20 -Martyr, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Couldn't leave the kids to fend for themselves, could you?