Question for all you seasoned cannabis smokers

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by enjoyandlive, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Weed will never contribute to lung cancer, period, end of discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #22 enjoyandlive, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    i do agree. but the argument lacks sufficient studies for the claim

3. you just have t found them yet then I know over 30 studies done that proves weed will never contribute to cancer it will help kill/get rid of it not just 1 kind of cancer but many even some rare ones theirs plenty of studies an tests done on it people just don't want to look/know where to look no one on GC really knows anythig about this, alota people on here are sadly misinformed on a lot of medical knowledge here when it comes to cannabis

4. [​IMG]
    I point my blame finger at the lighters. 

5. #25 Mid man, Sep 30, 2014
    Inhaling smoke contributes to lung cancer. Get over it. It's already been established that nobody smokes weed like cigarettes thus the odds of getting cancer from inhaling weed smoke is almost none. But that doesn't mean that the smoke isn't bad for your lungs

Inhaling smoke isn't good for you.

0 people have gotten lung cancer from smoking tea. Does that mean that smoking tea doesn't contribute to lung cancer? No, it just means that nobody has inhaled enough combusted tea smoke to get themselves cancer.

6. Vapour my friend , vapour !

I'm way to drunk to taste this chicken

7. #27 loopster, Sep 30, 2014
    No, I don't have lung cancer.
    Am an avid outdoorsman
    I probably am pushing my limits
    Smoking and working out

I smoke everyday and more often than not its tobacco weed mix..

THAT will give me lung cancer

Quoting two posts above me
    "Inhaling smoke contributes to lung cancer.It's already been established that nobody smokes weed like cigarettes thus the odds of getting cancer from inhaling weed smoke is almost none. But that doesn't mean that the smoke isn't bad for your lungs"

An elementary thought and
    Things take time sir, wait 10 years down the road and we will see if marijuana can cause cancer.

8. when was I talking about inhaling smoke? I think u should get over your own ignorance, come back when youv done some research, weather or not you smoke cannabis it still won't contribute to lung cancer the benefits outweigh the positives ten fold, get over yourself lol do some more research, smoking cannabis won't contribute to lung cancer end of discussion

9. you can get lung cancer if you've never smoked a cigarette in your life.
    this guy is an idiot

10. this is the half half discussion i wanted to see i also want more experienced self evaluating posts

11. #31 gsr, Sep 30, 2014
    If its worth anything to you, weed actually HELPS me with my medical issue.

my asthma is pretty bad. I use my inhaler whenever im sick multiple times a day for weeks, even once the sickness has passed. I also need my inhaler when doing cardio.

once i started smoking (not even vaping, which would be better... but never blunts. bowls only), i started using my inhaler less and less till i rarely used it.

When i got on probation i stopped smoking weed. A week later i had to use my inhaler daily for about a month before returning to the frequent use.

Im not sure why it works... but it does lol. I bet vaping would help even more too.

12. I had very mild asthma as a kid, I started smoking weed with no problems. It wasn't until I started smoking cigarettes that I increased the severity of my asthma.

I don't get asthma "attacks" I just get breathing constriction.

I quit all tobacco and nicotine related products almost 20 months ago and it took surprisingly long for my lungs to feel better. Only in the last few months, along with a low dose asthma controller, my lungs finally feel back to normal.

I continue to smoke flower. Always homegrown or high quality medical pickups. I smoke occasional joints but 90% of the time I smoke a couple bowls in my bong with my hemp wick.

I completely believe I'm doing negligible damage to my body.

TL DR: Cigarettes fucked up my lungs, I quit and feel better while continuing to smoke weed

13. #33 enjoyandlive, Sep 30, 2014
    i think a cannabis smoker just doesnt inhale enough matter into their lungs a day like a cigarette smoker does, hence why lung cancer is not often with cannabis only smokers. as said most cig addicts smoke 20 1 gram cigs a day usually. in all people weed is smoked no where near that amount a day. also, I believe weed doesn't paralyze the cilia in your lungs like tobacco does. so they can clean up easier than a tobacco user

14. Stop arguing, i can tell theres a bit of trolling. take it to the messages please

15. But its useless nonsense because no one is using sources for their claims at all. i also want experienced self evaluation posts from those long term daily smokers

16. why not just start a pm?? -_-

Mainstream is generally opposed to illegal drugs, so when they act in favor of a drug it's probably not due to manipulation.

There's also loads of other studies done that say smoking weed has no increase of lung cancer risk and there is even one that found there was a protective effect since weed smokers had lower levels of lung cancer compared to people who didn't smoke weed and they also found the tokers to have a higher lung capacity.

Can't be assed rummaging through all the articles to find the correct info but I assure you it's there.

18. The Op has asked (rather nicely) two of you to take your side debate to PM.

It is disrespectful to continue bickering (especially in the manner you have displayed) and basically commandeering his thread.

So you two can desist now or face the consequences of your actions.

We now return the thread to the OP and any Blades that want to contribute in a mature fashion.