I dont get atheists..

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by JustaStoner, Sep 27, 2014.

1. As far as I'm concerned they are all fake fables made up of mythology and fairy tales because they didn't have science to explain anything back then.  Cmon man, it's 2014. 

sciencebitch.jpg

Hate to break the truth to ya. Keep believing if it gives you some sort of hope though! :smoking:

2. Did it work?

Sent from my N810 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

While we are exchanging different and opposite views, I am not heated or angry in the slightest. Are you?

The answer to my question will answer yours. :smoking:

4. #24 Brother Urb, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    No, you read it again.

The answer to my question will answer yours.  You seem confused.

5. Nvm I didn't know you could do that.. Just having fun

Plus I'm haf

6. I like not knowing whats out there, or the purpose of life or where we go after we die. I like my mind isn't going to have a drawn line on what I must believe and what I must wonder. Most of all I like feeling free, in the mind, and as free as living under rule will get.
    I also think as long as religion causes issues between people then they are a sort of toxin to the world. I believe the people could coexist with their religions, but that might be too difficult for billions of people to follow, and as there are many religions existing, I find it hard to believe the toxin which causes blood shed will disappear.
    There is always greed tied to religion and many use the excuse of religion to cause harm. I do not want a heated argument but I want to say I just think of people being happy and as one, we are all made of the same star stuff. The fighting is pointless and I wish religion didnt have to draw lines between us, and close minds where it can be opened to much more.
    In some world I think religion would work, you know without the fighting. But we've done fucked that up too far for it to have been done right.
    A world without a hunger for power, money, hate and war along with acceptance is what I believe in.

7. He edited you quotes. That's what he was talking about, because apparently you love cock in you ass.. lol, classy believer we got here.

8. #28 Brother Urb, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014

I see that he did that after the fact.

I think he accidentally put that part in my quote but meant to respond to the quote with that. :smoking:

Also I'd just like to throw it out there that I am not an Athiest.

9. I'm high Okay.. just let me be high

10. #30 -Martyr, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    Once you impose your thoughts on the collective, it's no longer your property to weild like a bitch over other people who you can't debate. You asked a very dumb question, and the premise for this thread is skewed in the fashion similar to a child who cannot fathom that there's not a fat guy squeezing down a chimney and delivering presents while eating cookies and milk. Atheists believe in logic, the nature of being and the implications of being (death), and in scientific rhetoric that is constantly disproving itself and lends itself to scrutiny in the efforts of ascertaining truth instead of convenient bullshit lies about being queefed out of a vessel and into a floating kingdom on a gigantic cloud once you've finally bitten the big one. The focus is shifted to this world instead the afterlife, which is why everything you cherish in this world is designed by atheists. Your cars that get you from Point A to B are designed by people who believed in science and all that encompasses it, over conventional religion. Your technology is fueled by technologists that are marginally atheists, or agnostic.

Intelligence seems to beget the acknowledging of certain theories, and once you really understand the science behind things, and the ominous nature of the universe kind of subsides a little, you start to realize that these rhetorical questions you ask yourself from a religious point of view, are actually quite fucking dim questions. You go to a museum when you're like in elementary school on a trip, and you learn and see evidence of creatures who lived millions of years ago, and then go home and read a really old book that states the world is like 4 times younger than the physical proof you saw hanging on walls and in glass fixtures that were literally excavated from the fucking earth. But you don't get atheists... Then you don't get anything. Sorry your world's smaller than the fuck I give about talking animals and genocide that's justified by an ultimate creator's ego. Not for me.

if noone can see the comedy in the statement I am going to make based on my previous comments then you are just pure fail

AMEN BROTHA!

12. I believe in science

13. I loled when I read the post above me

14. Here is my view. I believe there is a God but I do not believe it is the Christian interpretation or the Muslim etc...

I believe in God because the world is full of so many wonderful and beautiful creatures that I find it inconceivable that there wasnt a grand architect. To believe evolution just created a creature with a head perfectly designed to fit into a hole or fur that perfectly matches the environment is hard. There just has to be more. What sparked the big bang? Where did the universe come from? Nothing? Just imagining nothingness is just hard to fathom for me. I wouldn't say it is illogical because there is the issue of where God came from. He must have come from nothing so it is not illogical but just looking at the world we live in and the Universe it IS illogical to say that all of this was a random occurrence. God might be an alien being that lived on a simple planet and he learned to create complex life forms, know what im saying? There has to be to me something out there that did all this.

I also think one of the reasons people hold on to religion is because like me it is hard to accept that there is nothing bigger than yourself out there. That they are on this Earth for no reason and that everything bad that happens to them is either their own fault or because the world is simply cruel. And then adding to that the simple thought of dying and fading into nothingness is hard. Just dying and all your thoughts ceasing. No looking back on your loved ones. No being a spirit in heaven or on Earth. Youre just dead.

15. #35 левша, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    i would just like to talk about the last paragraph, those who choose to believe in nothingness in the end are dull minds without a case of wonder. There is absolutely no reason to believe that we just die and thats it. It is not bad that they dont realize this. That is how society has brought people up, (if there isnt a religion well then theres nothing) why must it stop there! Why!? When people learn to break out of that box in their minds they will understand. Understand that in the end, there is no point in putting real faith in anything because there are billions of theories and possibilities of many different things we don't even know about. You can't even put all your faith into science as there are places in the universe where the laws of physics don't exist. I think the possibilities are beautiful. Its all up to your creativity to what you can imagine.

16. Too many people confuse spirituality with general beliefs and with religion.

17. #37 Nerd139, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    True there are many possibilities. My first paragraph was kind of about that. I cant accept the interpretation of the current mainstream religions but at the same time I dont accept that there isnt some other answer to our existence. I was watching this show the other day and it talked about this force that can change the laws of physics on Earth. It talked about how this force would one day do that and that just blows my mind. In the ever expanding universe the laws of physics doesnt mean shit. Another thing that amazes me is that everything that is and will ever be was created in the big bang and refined by the stars. We are all stardust. I find the very thought that the fact that what makes up my body was once part of a star amazing. When we die our bodies are recycled to make new life and when the Earth is no more and is swallowed by the sun the process will just repeat itself. Reincarnation becomes real in effect. That's just beautful.
    big_thumb_503702ecc25b3f8c9ac176804aab8956 (1).jpg

Care to share your reason to believe that there is more after we die? What makes you believe that aside from a gut feeling?

19. I've noticed in my time people who call themselves religious have a problem with needing to control others. Unfortunately you are on a forum that is meant to bring together the free trade of idea's. you dont control who comments what in your threads, if you want a controlled internet go to China. The way you asked your question was very demeaning to the people whom you were asking. And you got an answer back that demeaned you, feels like crap doesnt it. 

Also i for one consider myself non-denominational, which is often confused with atheism. It simply means that we believe something like "God" might be out there, but no known religion has been able to find "him". 

20. Most atheists just don't believe in the bastardized Columbused god