Friends dog broke his own bong - my fault?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by snooginman, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Hello friends,

So long story short I need the help of fellow smokers out their, I need to know whether im responsible/and or/ need to fix a problem. I go over to my buddy's place to smoke and pay him back some monies i owe from last weekend, well his little puppy goes batshit when i show up everytime and while i was pulling a chair next to his computer, dodges and knocks over his 400 brand new baby bong. of course it shatters an important part, likely unfixable although i offerered to try "fixed many before". So hes pissed of course at me, because i "showed" up and he got the bong out and set of the floor for us to smoke, its my "fault" because his dog knocked it over. basically wants me to replace it, im money shy right now and couldnt agree to fix something that im pretty sure isnt my fault at all lol. i give him and extra 20 on top of what i owe him  and say if he uses that money to buy a few materials, ill come back over and help him try to fix it, but no i cant buy a new one for you. I cant help feeling a little responsible but also a little annoyed that he would think its all my fault "although tomorrow may be different when he looks at it thru sober rageless eyes". Am i being a dick and my friend is right or vice versa?

2. you are both at fault. at the least you should try and fix the bong, but paying atleast a quarter of what its worth would probably save your friendship

3. So its his dog,  he put the bong on the floor, and its your fault... doesn't make any sense to me.  You don't owe him a dime imo.  Glass is fragile, people need to be more careful with their glass. 

4. it's no ones fault..

unless you want to blame a dog for being a dog.. then i guess it's the dogs fault.

5. if you didnt touch it then it wasnt your fault.  your "friend" seems like a shit head.  ask for your $20 back and tell him to eat a dick

6. It's not your fault, if his dog did it.  

If he can afford a $400.00 bong, which is easily broken, and puts it in jeopardy, he needs to learn how to take care of his things properly and stop blaming others for his own carelessness.  

In decades of smoking, I doubt that I've spent over $400 on various pipes, vaporizers, papers, novelty pipes, and other assorted paraphernalia all totaled.    And yes, I know that $400.00 is not a lot of money for a good glass smoking device, for many people, but I think it's kind of crazy, except maybe for a great vaporizer.  

7. whoever placed it on the floor is at fault. its that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. he knows how his dog acts and still has it on the floor. his fault.

9. Thanks for all the replies guys =) looks like I'm not the only one torn on this, I think I'm going to see if he has calmed down today and still try to help him fix it, but I agree with the majority that I'm not responsible for replacing it.

10. how are you going to fix it?  glue?  duct tape?

11. When you are a GUEST at somebody's house, it certainly is very bad manners for them to demand compensation if something breaks, even if it is the fault of the guest.  If you're a friend, and you broke it by accident, you should offer to pay for it - but any decent person would tell you to forget about it.  It's not like you borrowed it, and took it home.  In any case it's not your responsibility.  

12. Ask him if you're also responsible raising the pooch from this point on. :confused:  How does he figured it's all your fault?

Besides, Real friends don't sweat the small stuff.
    Ya never know.He just might really need you sometime & a reliable response is sometimes priceless.

Redundant acquaintances are a dime a dozen. It's not like this kind of thing happens once a week , right?
    If he doesn't reconsider........I hope his acquaintance is worth the overall effort.

A real friend of mine (not the dog) accidentally folded the hood on my Chrysler the other day. I Laughed, He offered to replace it, I refused, life goes on for the better.
    Sure the lousy hood will be about 3 bills but the REAL friendship Is still priceless till the end.
    :bongin:

13. My dog broke my 500 dollar bong. Never blamed my friend for it lol. We now call her the "Bong destroyer". Wasn't the first time it happened, some lessons take awhile to learn. Young dogs are full of energy, he should know that and not place a 400 dollar piece of glass on the floor. 

naw not really

15. [quote name="AugustWestâ„¢" post="20678745" timestamp="1411824844"]it's no ones fault..

unless you want to blame a dog for being a dog.. then i guess it's the dogs fault.[/quote

Make the dog get off his lazy ass and go get a job and pay for it!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Make the dog get off his lazy ass and go get a job and pay for it!

Not sure I agree with this.  In the case above, I don't think it's the OPs responsibility, the guy shouldn't be pulling out nice glass with pets around, pets can't tell the difference between an acrylic 10 dollar bong and a 1k glass piece.  My housemates dog stays in the basement cause I have glass out which is worth near 20k.  But if a guest comes over and uses my glass and breaks something, I would hope (and I'd ask) them to replace/ compensate.  If I ever break anything that belongs to someone else I replace it.  It's one thing to just forgive a 50 dollar or 100 dollar loss on glass, it's another when it's like 3k+ and you're buying 1 of headies that can never be replaced again.

18. The people who make these hideously expensive luxury glass pipes must be laughing their asses off, on the way to the bank.  

19. it is not in any way shape or form your fault that your buddy is a lazy fuck who isnt responcible enough to put his dog out side or to put his bong in a safe place. personaly, i would NOT pay to replace / repair.

20. he shouldn't be stupid leaving expensive ass glass on the floor while animals are running around. much less a puppy,

what was the reason you went to give him cash in the first place? he sounds money hungry to me.