Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is weed becoming dangerously potent?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tokeswithblokes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. it hasn't gotten stronger. this is a misconception. we've just become more efficient at growing and perfecting some techniques.

it was always capable before hand.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Are we seriously arguing medical versus recreational.  I live in Denver and can put this fire out very quickly by telling you most stores sell THE SAME WEED ON BOTH SIDES.  The only difference is in price.

• Like Like x 5
  3. #43 Private Stalk, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    And I say most stores because I know a couple that rotate strains.  So maybe one strain starts out recreational for 2 weeks while another starts out medical for two weeks then switch.  I dunno the point to it but it happens.  Other than that only time it's not the same is when it was, but then the recreational side sold out 2 weeks faster than the medical side did.  That kinda situation.

So basically all that happened with recreational being legal is the medical stores got a license and split their store in 2 sides LITERALLY, and then sell one side recreational and the sell the SAME SHIT on the medical side but for way less.  The only time this is NOT true is when talking about edibles.  But we are not talking about those here.  But FYI the medical side has more edibles.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lol yeah it all comes down to marketing and the all mighty dollar in the end. 

5. Medical marijuana around here costs a ton of money. You are better off buying black market weed if you are looking to not go broke. It's literally the same quality anyway. Around here we don't got crazy dispensaries where you can walk in and choose from 50 different strains. The places around here have a handful of strains at a time, clearly bought from a home grower or grown themselves, and it's OK weed, but for the price of like 400 dollars an ounce it's ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I can take you to a store here in Denver that has many locations and without a medical card buy the same weed they have on the medical side and it will be shit.  Just saying.  It's all hype.  I can take you to a store where they sell "Willie Nelson" and people buy it because the name and it looks, tastes, and smells just like shit.  Not all stores have good and tasty buds.  I have smoked regs that have gotten me more stoned than some of the weed that was on "sale" here at the stores. 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Imo, the only thing "dangerous" about any sort of cannabis, flower or extract, is being busted by law enforcement.....

• Like Like x 4
  8. "That shits scary loud my nigga"

"this buds too potent bro, im not gonna hit that!"

WTF?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #49 Private Stalk, Sep 28, 2014
    Don't get me wrong, there is really really good weed here.  You just gotta know where to go. The places that charge the same across the board usually are the best ones to go to.  Prices range.  Anywhere from 120 an oz to 75/gram. Only an idiot buys hte 75 per gram.  Usually its 30-50 for an eighth of fire.

My favorite places:  Good Chemistry downtown on Colfax, or WellSpring on broadway.  They got this Cali Orange x's BlueBerry.  That Cali Orange was fire alone and this makes it taste even better.

10. #50 Rebel Eye, Sep 28, 2014
    only danger with this is gaining weight or choking on a chicken wang. 

11. Until there are strict federal standards, I won't believe "lab testing" blindly. There are so many loopholes, so many ways to mess up testing if you are a breeder who wants higher numbers, and no legal repercussions for doing so.  ON some where you send in a gram or so of ground bud, you could easily mix in keif to bump the thc:bud ratio up.
    Unless you are aying that 30-35% of the total cannabinoids is THC. That may very well be true. 30-35% of the entire weight I don't believe tho. And I am not calling you a liar. I believe you were shown those results. I am suspicious about shady lab deals and such.

How was the bud you smoked that was tested at 30% and how did it look?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Weed/Flower? No.  Concentrates and Edibles can definitely be dangerous in the hands of those who don't respect them.  But that can be said about any intoxicant. 

13. Ive made newbie stoners puke from too many blunts/bong rips

you underestimate the herb

14. #54 -Martyr, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

"You underestimate my herb"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. #55 Ethnicity, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    I've smoked to the point no person should ever be. I've used pretty much all the different ways of smoking to achieve that. 

I've NEVER felt nauseous or thrown up ever. ONLY when I was cross-faded. (Guess the other drug since I'm not gonna say it.) 

Herb is amazing. It cannot be underestimated however it is also not entirely dangerous in large quantities. Too much of anything is bad for anyone, hence why concentrates can lead to people knocking out after one hit. Actually quite funny lol. 

no

17. weed and dangerous never meet up in this lifetime

IMO that's not dangerous.....

People taking too big of a rip of concentrates and passing out immediately or being layed up and violently ill for hours from taking too big of a dose from edibles is dangerous.  I think these two things are two dangerous because they are either way slower than flower when it comes to onset or almost instant compared to flower.  The immediate onset from concentrates makes it easy for someone who doesn't respect them to hurt themselves as does the delayed onset of edibles for those who lack the patience and respect to does them properly.  With flower it's hard to get to the point that either of those can take you to if you don't respect them.  You may make "newbs" puke off of bong rips (that's terrible of you btw....) but they aren't passing out instantaneously or suffering for hours on end from overdosing on edibles.....

19. It's definitely getting more potent, but dangerous...well, dangerous for who? Weed's been getting gradually stronger for decades, and new fads like dabbing are indeed potent as hell for users. But I wouldn't say this trend is inherently dangerous. Smokers who know what they're doing take the danger aspect out of it, but a novice will often go for that second brownie or that second dab, not knowing just how fucking baked they're going to get. That's when it gets somewhat dangerous.

20. yes one day we r gonna hit a blunt and instantly od!!!!1111111!1!1!1!1

Skate.

• Like Like x 1