Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do people say not to clean your pieces?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ktoke, Sep 26, 2014.

1. So yesterday I saw one of my stoner friends, and she showed me a picture of her bong I haven't seen yet. It was a good 15+% black with resin, so I told her "Don't you think its time to clean that?" And she flipped on me about how you're not supposed to clean it. 70% of my friends agree, but they're all begginers who buy Reggie and acrylic bongs. The 30% who use good shit all sided with me.
    Where does this rumor come from that would shouldn't clean come from?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. My phone won't let me edit or else I'd fix that abomination of a last sentence

• Like Like x 8
  3. never heard of that

4. I always keep my pieces clean...

The only reason I could see people not doing so is if they were saving up resin for when they run out of weed...

Personally, I avoid resin...don't like it...I just buy more weed when I'm running low...

• Like Like x 6
  5. yeah.. they're probably saving up nasty resin to scrape.

clean your piece and don't smoke resin..

• Like Like x 4
  6. Don't clean your dishes after you eat, you can save that food and scrape it up for when you are hungry.

• Like Like x 20
  7. Seems dumb to me, I clean my pieces every day.  If I smell my bong and it has any unpleasant smell, it gets cleaned.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ugh. Disgusting. I could smoke from a bowl until it was too packed with resin to hit, poke a hole through, and smoke some more. But the very moment a bong starts to get that nasty wet algae looking resin, nope, uh-uh, I am not using that thing. Bongs should be 100% clean 100% of the time.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Hell I clean mine after every use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Those are beavis and butthead wanna be know it alls. The resin affects the harshness of a hit. Kinda destroys the favor too. You are right for wanting to clean your pieces. I clean mine all the time. Even acrylic. The only dirty pieces i have is a glass bowl, which I would have to break in order to clean. You are right for cleaning your pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  11. So you scrub your bong with iso and salt after every hit?

12. I rinse my pieces with iso every time I change the water. Why would you smoke out of something that tastes like ass?

13. Her reasoning was that it gets you higher, and cleaning it makes it easier to break

14. I knew there would be resin hater snobby blades in this thread just by reading the title.

Sometimes I simply don't have the option to just go out and buy more, so yeah, I scrape my resin together after about a week of being dry and I smoke the fuck out of it.

Must be nice to have a constant supply of quality ganja at respectable prices. But many people, myself included, don't even know what that's like.

Watch, now they'll say, "well I don't see why you don't just grow your own."  :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    Ummm...no...resin buildup just attracts more buildup, if anything reducing the high...

Only if you're extremely clumsy or you buy your piece from the dollar store...

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 0ri0n, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    No I suppose I was exaggerating. I no longer have one but I cleaned it probably once a week.

I wish I had a camera so I could show you what I'm talking about, there's a nasty one sitting on my friend's table.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I would like to have a conversation with this women you speak of.

18. Everyday, iso and salt. Every single morning, part of the wake up routine

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

19. A clean piece hits completely different compared to a nasty-dirty one. I'm talking about quality glass-on-glass pieces here.

Nothing like that first hit after you just cleaned her. :bongin:

20. Find new friends. Only solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app