H.R. 499 end of marijuana prohibition 2013

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Freethebud420, Sep 26, 2014.

1. So I may be late and this is my first post here on the forums. I love these forums and have learned A LOT reading and collaborating stories on here for my real world application.

So who knows about HR 499? It was introduced February 2013 and has not even passed house.

My point for posting this is to gauge the public opinion on ending marijuana prohibition in it's entirety for people 21 plus and tax it like alchohol?

I have a few questions for anyone with the time to respond no opinion is a bad one but facts are facts people and I would like an opinionated conversation about what all could possibly come of ending prohibition but please no flaming or disrespecting someone else's opinion. Its your right to have an opinion, so respect others right to it. I would also like if you are to post "factual information" please cite yourself.

Thanks for your participation, lets debate!

2. One of my largest questions is how can we sell two of the biggest publicly known killers (prescription poisions, ciggarettes, and alchohol) but illeagelize a plant that has 0 recorded deaths under its belt. Ciggarettes and Alcohol make up almost a million deaths a year in this country and marijuana remains a Schedule 1 substance with "no medicinal value" EVEN THOUGH the U.S has held a pattent on CBD stating its medicinal benifets for patients with, AIDS wasting syndrome, cancer patoents, cerebral paulsey, and epilepsy reducing some cases of children having 40+ seizures a day starting this treatment have come down to 0-2 a day. It is astonishing to me how the government can hold that pattent on one hand, and continue the schedule one classification reserved for drugs with HIGH potenial of abuse and NO MEDICINAL VALUE. Lets talk about that a little bit anyone agree with me? Or disagree? Please explain your opinion.

3. One of these bills is introduced every session but it never makes it out of committee. It's a shame. Prohibition is a huge problem for a civilized society.

4. The guy in charge of the committee reviweing the bill has already stated he wont let it get through

5. it will happen. the idea behind it all is just going to take a little more time to mature. so, when the time is nigh and it finally happens ill be back to debate.