Need help think babies are not well

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by telbel88, Sep 26, 2014.

1. #21 tk86high, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    so thats ur first mistake right there, 
    u r over thinking it already . 
    u should put ur seeds in the soil about half an inch from the top of the soil , water the soil , and wait 7-10 days during that time u will see the seedling sprout and the first set of true leaves will come in , after the cotyledons. THEN u move it to the light
    and transplanting is only for when ur plant is too big to fit in its pot . u dont transplant seedlings , its pure nature , plant a seed add water and wait for it to sprout and grow. ull get the hang of it , trial and error :)

2. Next time i grow im germinating the seeds straight in the soil and pot its self from get go i bought the easy set up ad my first go thought if seed banks sold it they must be good.not gonna touch the light till i see the second leaves see how it goes.writing every little detail down so can compare on next grow.just find it theraputic doing it lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Ok genious I strongly disagree on the wetness, idgaf about lighting, I was not ever even commenting on lighting ( theirs or yours, I mentioned what I do, did not ask for your opinion ), but seeing as you are so fucking smart to say that they dont need light until their 1st true set of leaves..... then 12 to 14 inches is not too far as it is closer than no light ya...... get a fuckin brain and stop contradicting yourself to appear smart.

4. oh so sorry i got u mad that u have to say bad words and insult strangers on the internet , u must be a really strong person , go learn how to use more understandable and reasonable  words than F this F that and F U,  because that just shows ur shallowness and ignorance to learn . 
    " AIGHT YAA??" 

5. I was jist trying to explain what they were. Lol. And I wouldn't know I'm a hydro guy, but these guys seem stressed and the one time I did do soil I used peat pellets and that little plastic container and it made the situation much less dramatic lol.

6. good idea, but yes i totally agree with just putting the seed in the soil and waiting for it to grow , its been done for million of years and u can just look outside to see how many plants have came from simple germination :)

7. okay yeah well hydro is another level completely , but when u do grow in soil (i dont think u will since u got a hydro setup lol) its always good to just use normal soil , put the seed in just half an inch from the soil and water, wait 7-10 days and u will have ur first set of true leaves. (not cotyledons). 

8. Awe you're butt hurt. Oh well have a good day and go pamper that ego lol.

9. Yeah true we did one straight in a pot in april turned out to be male but a strong boy with healthy root ball and that was down in a garden green house.this time we thought do autos as we in england and weather is not right for growing outside and wanted something quick.just as long as they aint stressed im happy.gonna leave em alone this weekend so im not obsessing and see what changes happen obviously checkin they aint got to dry

10. Germinating is germinating. If your not using a soil you've mixed it may have something stressful to the baby plant, whereas peat pellets are made for seeds and can just be dropped into the soil once the plant has been established. But it's your world man :)

11. yeah im just saying germination in its natural way is best if u r growing in soil , if ur doing hydro than there is 100 ways to germinate . :)
    u got something growing now , if so u got a grow journal? , u seem like a cool dude, maybe we can learn from one another :p

12. YES thats a great idea, dont even look at them , leave them and walk away , cos u will be shocked the things a cannabis plant can do in a few days of not pay attention to it. its really a killer in weed plants is over thinking. i learnt after my 2-3 grow just dont even look at the plants really , give them the water light and nutrients , and keep going about ur day . 
    Im in Germany so i can understand ur concerns of weather, also how did it turn out to be a male ? cannabis seeds r sold legally in the UK

13. Oh our last one was a experiment of some seeds that wad sittin in the top of my grinder that someone put there like a year ago so april we just put in soil in pot and let it grow watering every few days grew to about 5foot obviously being inexperienced took along while to realise it was male so got rid.

You are wrong about the light..with a wing reflector 5-6 inches is too close. I agree with you about distance and losing lumens and everything else, but an HID light with a wing reflector needs to be farther away than 5-6 inches.

If it were an air cooled hood or cool tube, that would be different.

15. Ok so keep were is then x

16. #37 Green Knight, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  17. Sorry about the punctuation which reply did you have problems reading?

18. Well I only use a cool tube , but when I didn't have a cool tube I would keep it about a hand length away from the plant and have some fans blowing on the light , I never came across any problems .
    So I think it really depends on the environment and can ur area handle it being that close without getting too hot . But I try to go by science and the optimal distance is 5-6inches . (If u can do it without burning ur plant) ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Does this one look like its gonna live i know i showed it yesterday but it does look weird.

Attached Files: