Need help think babies are not well

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by telbel88, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Hi we started these seeds 6days ago didnt start off on best note was germinated under a desk lamp for 2days due to getting our tent set up and transplanted them into pots last nite due to needing right pot and soil we are using 250 watt light with reflector in 4ftx6ft tent only one has stood up with its leaves one only has two leaves and the other has two but is still curled and wont stand am i doing something wrong should i higher the light.or are two of them screwed?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. #2 GrowTrees, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    They look alright, just let them grow
    maybe try to help that first one stand up carefully if you can

3. How can i do that hun me and the hubby ave really shakey hands dont wanna screw them up or break them

4. This is our set up are they too low or ok were they are?

Attached Files:

5. okay 
    1. first rule , they dont need any light until u can see the first set of true leafs, which is not that . what u r seeing now is called the cotyledon which will die in a few weeks. 
    2. u must keep ur light as close as possible without burning the plant . my rule of thumb is a hand size away from the top of the plant, (so i put my hand between the light and the top of the plant and thats the max distance the light needs to be).
    3. dont over think things, over thinking is the easiest killer in plants, understanding is highly encouraged , plants r plants they will grow if given water nutrients and light. 

6. I have a 400w with the same wing, it sits about 12 to 14 inches over them. Soil is way too wet, they look to be drowning.

7. thats way to far dude, u could be getting a much better yield at 5-6 inches. Ive been doing it for years ;)
    and the soil being wet doesnt really matter during the seedling stage, its actually encouraged , now after the first set of leafs show then u should start to be concerned with the wetness. but by then it should have already been a few days so it shouldnt be wet. 

8. I strongly disagree but w/e. Damping off from being too wet is far from desireable. 13 years outdoor, and now 7 cycles indoor, I am also far from new =) the only lights I put that close to seedling or clone are my t8s. My yeilds have been incredible but thanks for your concern.

9. #9 Bones Khan, Sep 26, 2014
    I agree, move the light closer. However I'd wait till their first set of leaves is at least as large as the embryo leaves. (I wait till I see the second set, actually I don't even bother planting a seed until the first set is as large as the embryonion set. But that's me.)

Also make sure your monitoring heat since you have HID since heat can slow growth and cause mold.

10. Tk86high what is cotyledon does that mean my plant will die in a few weeks?

11. The baby round leaves are what he's talking about. The true leaves are the serrated ones.

12. We have a small fan oscilating around the tent at moment with the top and bottom ait vents open and tent slightly open at the bottom and windows and door open to allow steady air flow at and since doin that ive managed to get down from like 34c down to between 27-28 which is a improvement.so u think i should lower my light my partner wanted to higher as he thought they was getting burnt so they ok to be moved closer.

13. Ok well i just had a look again at the curled in one and it seems to have moved a slight bit since this morn heres another pic

14. This is the one that was curled right under this morning does it look ok?

Attached Files:

15. #15 Green Knight, Sep 26, 2014
    Hey there,

Op...

I say this out of pure benefit to you. At this stage in learning about the growth of Cannabis... There are a few details you will really need. If you're getting your knowledge solely from a forum alone; it may easily become rhetoric in which you may end up confused & possibly give up learning the skill before you ever really get started. If you're growing indoors, in a tent, consider using the "paper towel method" to germinate. The tap root will be more ready- I personally plant tap root up.
    I'm not sure of all the specifics on your grow, such as seed type, strain, soil medium, any nutrients you plan to use, of light type, if you have a hygrometer & thermometer, so and so forth. Information others will need to help from a distance. :D
    I personally picked a grow basics book up by Jorge Cervantes when I started to have a solid guide to go by. If the net is your only source for information. Consider taking a peek at http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics ... I look there often for ideas then cross reference it here where grow techniques & methods are countless.

I hope you find joy in growing, and hope you find some kind of guide. You're success rate most likely will rise dramatically! :D Good luck, keep us posted... I'll sub this to see how it goes for a bit. The best feeling in growing IMO is getting off to a good start, and "knowing" you did so, simply because you did your homework. Peace and prosperity to you & yours! Happy growing! :D

Grow Progress:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1320174-first-organic-indoorgrow.html]http://forum.grassci...indoorgrow.html

... "You never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore".
    -Christopher Columbus

16. I hate to say I think it's done. The one in the middle might be alright, but... ehhh.. Don't move the lights closer until you see the second set of leaves.

Also did you start the seeds in anything like a peat pellet then put them in the soil?

If not next time make sure you grab one of those peat pellet germination kits from home Depot ( like 7 bucks) and follow the instructions then sit it in a warm windowsill till the first set of true leaves in established. Then transplant it to a decent soil, preferably not miracle grow, but it can be done in miracle grow moisture control brand soil if you must.

17. ITS SCIENCE not about agreeing or disagreeing on this one buddy . \\
    use google , and find the chart about distance of light to plant . it shows how much lumens r taking in at which height and at which distance is too close and too far, and u are too far , science u cant fight :)
    So whatever floats ur boat , good luck to u too lol

18. the plant doesnt need light at this stage and its not leaves its cotyledons . and germination kits r dumb , if u cant germination the seed like every other plant on earth has been germinated for millions of years, u shouldnt be growing ;)

19. We used the easy set up from royal queens when we bought our easy bud seeds. We are using 4ftx6ft tent with a 250watt light and reflector we have a thermoter we ave light schedule at 18/6 we transplanted them last night using john bewers compost with perlite and vercemilite not used no feeds and dont intend to for another couple of weeks.

20. hehehe no its the first set of "leaves" that come in , the next set is the real leafs that will stay in the plant .