Purple Stem/yellow curled tips, first grow please help pics included

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mryummyyums1, Sep 26, 2014.

1. #1 mryummyyums1, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    Hey everyone, it's my first grow and I could use some advice, I picked up some clones that I think were about 2 weeks old from a dispensary for my first grow. I accidentally flooded my plants with my drip system due to a timing error, since then I have removed the timer and realized how little I should actually be watering them.

I immediately replaced the soil I had them in and have recently cut back on the water giving them only small amounts directly too the stem instead of blasting them with a ring around the soil.

my current system is:
    -600W HPS
    -2, 4 inch fans with carbon filter
    -Nutes I'm using general hydroponics with rapid start, been using tap water and lowering the PH of it with PH down and monitoring that with electronic PH meter and PPM meter.
    -got them in Sunshine soil, that fake stuff that's meant to be used as growing medium and feeding them nutrients through the water.
    -Got them on a 20 hour timer on and 4 hour timer off for the lighting

I've read up online and it seems they are suffering from nutrient burn and nitrogen toxicity. So I'm guessing all I can do is add more water to lessen the strength of the nutrients. and try to use less of the nutrients that are high in nitrogen? Does anyone have any tips or experience with this?

Pics of my 6 plants set up included

IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg

2. How old are your plants? I use sunshine mix myself. What is your ppm and ph at now? Sunshine is prone to salt build up. I am not real clear on how a drip system works as I hand water mine. I do know that you need to make sure you clear salts out of your medium to make sure you don't burn them. Also need to make sure your soiless soil has time to dry out. Roots need oxygen, that seems like a pretty simple one but a lot of people make that mistake. Your plants seem pretty young if I was giving nutes at all it would be somewhere in 200 range. Always start slow and slowly ramp up. Your pictures aren't very easy to tell how bad burn is or how o overly green your plant is.