Derek Jeter

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by MaynardScott422, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Tonight was Derek Jeter's last game at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees blew a 3 run lead in the 9th inning to set up one last at bat for Jeter. He hit a single with a man on second to win the game.

If you have watched this man play baseball for the last 20 years like myself, you couldn't help but get emotional. It is as if the baseball gods wrote the script perfectly.

It was great growing up watching one of the greatest players of all time play for my favorite team. From Yankees, baseball, and sports fans everywhere: Thank you, Derek.

2. I think I have his rookie card. May be worth more now that he's done?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Definitely. Save it for 6 years when he is eligible for the Hall of Fame. He will get in on the first ballot. Depends on how old you are but if you can wait 10+ years ad if cards maintain their value, you could get a pretty big haul from it. But why wait that long? I'll give you 5 bucks right now. No questions asked. :) :p

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 lisamc, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    LoL! That's an offer hard to refuse! :D

But that really is a great idea! I have so many old cards. I have Michael Jordan's baseball cards. They are worth about 50 cents ;)

5. Lol that's because MJ was terrible at baseball. He was an above average basketball player though. Get ahold of one of those rookie cards.

Yes, above average is a joke haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. I live in Kalamazoo, where he's from.  so it was a pretty cool moment to me.

might get one of those hats with his patch on the side.

7. Nice man. I got family in Kalamazoo. Cool name for a city too lol.

8. Jeters great. He didn't deserve all that farewell tour bullshit though

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Oh? Name a player that deserves it more than him.

10. Nobody does. It's ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's thanking a player for setting a good example for young fans, for playing a sport the way it should be played, and in all honesty making the league a shit load of money. If you have that big of a problem with it....oh I don't know...don't watch?

12. I don't have to watch the farewell tour to think it's nonsense.

Why would 29 other teams give this guy a gift for only ever helping the Yankees. The Yankees are the only team that should've done something. The royals going out there and giving Jeter a kayak is completely unnecessary

13. What does it matter? It's called respect. If you've ever played a sport, you know how hard it is and respect people who excel at it. He has done great thongs for more than just the Yankees. He puts fans in the seas everywhere he goes.

That is part of it too. If you're a baseball fan from KC and you know you're never going to be able to see someone like Jeter play again, you will be willing to pay extra for that ticket. It's sad but a lot of the league's motivation for farewell tours is driven by the revenue.

I don't know how much of the intricacies of the payroll of MLB teams you know but it only makes sense for every team to do something special for him.

It's just thanking him for what he has done for the sport. Im sorry you feel the way you do.
    Haha I said great thongs

14. I noticed that! But I thought, "well maybe I don't know that word in that context and maybe he's right" and then I read your last line ^_^

15. Lol yeah I'm on my iPod so my typing is pretty bad sometimes.

16. Well.. I'm a Reggie miller fan so mj just pissed us off. :D but that was my all time favorite time in basketball history! Still have my Miller pacers jersey and hold it proudly!

Sorry OP- I'm getting off track ;)

I feel ya- me, too! Tiny damn screen and it likes to change your words. Grrrr!

17. Well I'm a Knick fan so Reggie Miller pisses me off lol. They were both great players plus I was a little too young to full understand sports the way I do now when Reggie did the "choke." but I've learned enough to know that us NYK fans don't take kindly to Reggie and the Pacers lol.

18. . Went to the parents house had a good time. Smoked a bowl with them in the garage and the moment we walk back in we see my favorite player on anything ever in his final at bat at Yankee stadium hit a game winning single.. He then walked the bases one final time. And I got to share this incredible moment with my dad.

All hail numba 2

'Too blessed to be stressed'