Help Juice fasting+Quitting Weed

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by homestarstoner, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Right off the bat ill say im 20, 5'11 and 165 lbs

So today I decided to put away all my bongs and weed to try and detox my body and get my energy levels back to normal. Reason being is the past year I've been quite unhealthy in that ive smoked weed daily and because of that i've been in this haze like "fuck it" towards everything (including my diet and excercise)

lately i just feel unhealthy, groggy and hazy and i use the bathroom to take sloppy shits more often than normal.

ive looked into juice fasting as a sort of digestive system cleanse. so i decided starting today until i decide to stop, ill be avoiding solid foods to allow my body to direct its energy into healing, restoring and cleasing itself instead of digesting food.

this morning i used my juicer and made a nice banana, peach, orange, apple juice. now im on the shitter cleaning out yesterdays pizza hut.

i was wondering what recommendations or tips you blades might have to help with the fasting process. how many days, what types of fruits/veggies to juice, supplements etc.

its not easy to find good info on fasting without coming across weight loss programs. im not trying to lose weight, just burn a little tummy fat, restore my energy and give my body a cleanse.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 aToker, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Lol @ sloppy shits. I wouldn't juice fast I wouldn't find that healthy. Definitely juice 2-3 times a day, but include a meal too. I use to juice daily/use my Vitamix but haven't recently. My tips are to use lots of spinach, cilantro, and kale as your greens. Oranges allow you to not taste the veggies as much and apples make it more thick. Juicing is great but something like a VitaMix or a Blendtec is better because you get the fiber. Either way, it's extremely healthy. Stretching in the morning is important and drink a glass of water after waking up because your body is very dehydrated and water encourages weight loss. Good luck.

3. You're going to lose alot of weight and look like shit doing that. You're not going to get nearly enough calories you need and that combined with almost non existent protein 2014 is going to be your year for muscle loss. If you wanna get healthy lift weights and eat good, at 5'11 165lbs you could use some muscle mass no offense intended. But this is the wrong way to go about getting healthy

4. im only planning on fasting for 3 days max. just to cleanse. would you still not recommend this?

5. you should be ok for 3 days wouldn't go longer though. I still advocate just eating healthier instead of the juice fast. Being healthy is a lifestyle change not just a single event which a juice fast is because its obviously not long term sustainable. If you're set on doing it though my only recommendation is don't go past 2-3 days. If you really wanted too you could go weeks and there are people that do, but like I said you'll look like shit doing it long term

6. alright thanks for the advice man. ima go for just 3 days.

7. Get a juicer that has low rpms

They squeeze the juice ot with minimum heat which preverves more of the live nutrients, which burn easily

I use a Omega 8300

Also, juicing mj leafs along with your other greens, carrots, apples, etc is very beneficial

8. no need to go to extremes. with fasting... (nothing wrong with that too.. but maybe trying something more simple first?)

i'd recommend having a healthy meal of non-processed, whole (raw as possible) food. 
    additionally look into green shakes or smoothies.
    and of course add at least a glass of juice or two a day. 

you've already got some great advice..
    but also look into "super-foods" that you can blend or add to juices or even sprinkle on salads.
    things like: chia seeds, hemp powder/seeds, maca powder, ginger, turmeric, chlorella, ashwagandha, cinnamon, raw cacao (just by using a few of these you can create fantastic nutritional mix.. with a base of spinach, cucumber and apple.. for example). 

use a lot of green leafy plants like spinach and kale. 

9. #9 KaliKid, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
    As someone who lift weights and smokes daily (sometimes at the same time), I would say that your best bet is NOT to start juicing, but rather to start with cleaning up your diet. Instead of pizza hut, for example, switch over to cleaner high carb meals like chicken and rice. 

Many people make the mistake of drastically changing their entire diet and lifestyle, and while they stick with it for up to a week, people typically 'relapse' on junk food. In my transition, I went from two junk food meals a day, to one, to occasionally on weekend nights when im high and drunk out of my mind. Anyways, look into health and fitness more, but ease yourself into it, and you're gona feel alot better.

Edit: Sorry to ramble, but I just had one more high thought. Working out intensely gives you a "high" (runners high) that could potentially replace the dopamine spikes you're used to from weed, making it less stressful on the body to fully quit. That's just a high thought though, nothing scientific about it ;)