Do All Religions Lead To The Same Place?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by vildhjarta, Sep 24, 2014.

Really? I think it depends on the religion lmao

2. Yea i was a bit baffled by that one yuri. Superficially religions demonstrate how corruptable humans are, in essence i think there is an underlying truth, the revelation that there is indeed a God. Perhaps religions fail because it tries to define that which is above our minds, the truth may be that God is and means something different to each person. Some find God in philosophy, in science, in relationships, in experiece, in self etc. When a religion tries to structurize the nature of God it most certainly will fall short, but that does not necessarily delegitimize the underlying truth.

3. Tbh, I haven't been very well introduced to the whole messed up part of religion. In fact, I've been introduced more generally to the other side, like what religion really has to offer in the best sense. Depends on the religion I guess.

4. #24 TesseLated, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    In religion, there's a certain type of fear that if somebody believes differently from me, that it's a threat. Because I'm right, and there cannot be two ways that are right, so if I'm right, anything different than this must be wrong; and we attack those things and it's really due to insecurity, ego and fear.

~Radhanath Swami

Religion is responsible for most of the problems in the world today..I don't think many would argue against that, unless they're completely deluded -like people that are arguing about what color a fucking dress is....unbelievable...yes, it's really happening.

If people can get past the fact that religion is not the same as considering if 'God' exists..this would be a major achievement.

5. Yes; Less education and fewer people capable of critical thinking.
    Religions poison.