First Grow 4X4 Diy Attic Tent

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by McJaxon, Sep 24, 2014.

1. It's gettin close, have u taken any samples? Those buds look great, I still see a lot of clear trics though.

2. DAMN, I couldn't wait that long lol! That's crazy how some sativas just keep developing for that long. I've got some leaves yellowing on crystal queen, she appears to be on her final stage. I don't know if I'll chop her on Sunday but I flushed her last night, will flush again tonight and keep an eye on the trichs

No samples, not real sure what to take for a sample or where to cut? I'll try and get another trich shot tonight to compare.

My first grow journal: http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1334153-First-Grow-4X4-Diy-Attic-Tent

3. I'd take samples from lower branches as they take longer to develop. Just my 2 pennies.

4. man read your whole grow looks awesome! cant wait to see what you pull in.. subbed!

5. Dunno man. Still not seeing any amber in those. I'd leave them but keep an eye out.

6. I think I found one that would be a good representative, guess I'm going to take one tomorrow morning. Do I just hang to dry for 2 days or so?

Thanks for stopping by bigggsteve, I can't wait either!

My first grow journal: http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1334153-First-Grow-4X4-Diy-Attic-Tent

7. I would say a good amount are cloudy, but not most. Maybe someone else can weigh in on that? I know you're excited, but if it were my grow id let them go a while longer.

8. no. Cut it into small pieces. Put it on a cookie tray. Put the tray on a toaster oven. Line the buds up along the door line. Flip them every three to five minutes with the toaster on bake. I start with high and back it down if it gets too hot. You want to take like twenty minutes to dry it enough. Taste isn't what it will be when its done curing l, but it wont be grassy and you wont ruin the THC.

9. I'd pull the yellow leaf ones in a day or three.
    The others I'd keep going. If you have space.

10. Crystal queen got the chop this morning, but I left some of the lower buds to see if they develop any further. After trying the sample that I speed dried hanging in front of a small space heater, the high was great pretty cerebral with a little couch stone. The bud I took for sample was 10g wet and dried to just over an 1/8th. Didn't have the taste, but the high was awesome, with a proper dry and cure I bet it tastes wonderful.

Sample
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422300082.543888.jpg

Tops
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422300139.136512.jpg

Got about a 1/3 of a gallon ziplock with some smaller buds and trimming, that I've got in the freezer going to run some qwiso later once it's frozen.

Next I believe is white dragon, it's trichomes are mostly milky, probably another 4-5 days for her.

11. #154 McJaxon, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    I let the buds hang in the attic for 3 days, put them in a paper bag with trimmings for 1 1/2 days. They feel like they are a proper dryness (squeeze and it rebounds) and I've jarred it up. It's a little bit hay smell, but hopefully that goes aways with some jar time. Dry weight came out to 61.4 grams, just over 2 oz! Pretty stoked, it looks damn good and smells like diesel once you squeeze em a bit.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422666247.365652.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422666373.466156.jpg

Ran some QWISO with the frozen trimmings, didn't realize the coffee filter would take so long, leaving the trim in the ISO for too long. Still gets me blazed though, 3.5g.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422666264.251667.jpg

12. Looks awesome man. Grats on the harvests.

13. Awesome feeling huh! Nice job