1-2 Months Till Harvest... A Little Issue

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Beleaguer, Sep 23, 2014.

1. I've been growing these two babies since May of 2014 and they started flowering a few months ago with only maybe a month left to harvest, however i noticed that there are a lot of rust spots appearing in my plants and red stems. One plant is not as bad, but the other is somewhat bad. I heard it could be phosphorus deficiency.

I've given them a 4-4-4 handful of nutes once this week and let the rain fall water them since I live in florida and it has been raining a lot, and a few days passed and I didnt notice much change...today I gave them another handful of ferts and this time watered them with water (pH 5.5) -bottled drinking water-.

Here are some pictures

Plant #2: http://i60.tinypic.com/117ziif.jpg
    Plant #1: http://i58.tinypic.com/156yeq8.jpg
    Plant#1: http://i59.tinypic.com/2vtduzp.jpg
    Plant#1: http://i58.tinypic.com/nl935j.jpg

This is my first so i am pretty new. They have been growing at a fair rate, but plant #2 has slowed and is currently the worst off right now. The ferts that i gave them are organic if that matters. They looked healthy and suddenly this started, should I be worried? What do you guys suggest that I do?

P.S. I am growing outside. I am in Florida. They have a decent amount of dirt, I made sure of that.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411480822.637527.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411480842.520141.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411480855.320627.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411480868.537038.jpg

2. any advice would help

3. Well it looks like too much water for one, and another thing maybe would be just a little big damage or maybe even a oh issue due to your location and weather. I would throw a small cheap and easy greenhouse or cold frame it's very easy and worth it! That way it will survive the rain. I can tell it's about to get smelly/sticky and you want it to be dry for that. Also make sure there is plenty of airflow since mold or mildew could be ambient. Looks very nice and healthy though. Just needs a little human protection/nurture that's what we're here for! To excel nature!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. The tips are not curled though?

If i put some sort of tarp above it, wouldn't it prevent sun from reaching the plant? What do you suggest?

5. You may have also give it too many nutrients possibly. I would use clear plastic like painters plastic sheets. It's very cheap. You could leave it over the plant or just put it up when it rains. Anyways just keep the rain/water off the bud anyway possible. And keep it dry As possible only watering the roots. Let soil dry out to about an inch in depth the. Water again. You want to water a little less when budding as they seem to like it more and don't need it as much. It's very easy to over water.

6. I was planning on rapping them a white plastic bags and put a few tiny holes in them for ventilation when it rains, so far I can't see any rotting or mold so that's good.

here's another picture ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411498979.353736.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411498990.753613.jpg

they are already smelling a little so I think by mid October I should be ready to harvest, do you agree?

should I be worried about the rust spots?

7. Use 4 stakes and put them in the ground in a square shape around ur plant and wrap around the stakes with cling wrap if you can't get a green house thats a very cheap way and works really good.

8. Should I worry about the rust spots?? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411583913.453842.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411583982.539165.jpg

9. You got mitess brother.

10. Should I be worried and how do I remove them?

11. If it is mites, could it just be on that one leaf? Does it cause the rust spots?

12. No they get everywhere. The rust spot could be from a few different things. The white spots on your leafs are mite damage. Check the undersides. You will see them

13. Remove damaged leaves. If you see bugs or eggs on the under side the. Spray them down with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water. That will help kill mold/bugs. And is an easy healthier way to do it. Don't let any plastic sit on the buds it will eventually damage them. They need air movement and more than just holes. Hot night time temps causes mold quickly. Keep them as dry as possible without touching them or you can pose a threat to the quality

14. I heard vacuuming works. How effective is it and should I do anything else to treat the mites without harming the plants or buds?

15. I know it's not the best because it could harm the plant but I can't use any pesticide or neem oil since it's too late, so I'm thinking of vacumming each leaf. Should I go ahead and vacuum a little of the bud or do they not stay there?

I'm sort of a noob, so I need some expert advice. How would I go about vacuuming these suckers?