1St Grow. Light Cycle Adjustment.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vapourite, Sep 23, 2014.

1. I've started my first grow and have managed to get 3 healthy (I think?) plants to flower. I switched from 18/6 to 12/12 6 days ago. So far, I have been using a 150watt hps *cringe*. Today I picked up a 600watt and a 400 watt hps and installed in room. Majority of the day spent on 1000 watts 3.5ft off the top of plants. I screwed up my timer and the room got 2hrs extra light before I caught it. Is it possible that the plants will go back to veg? I reset the timer to start a 11/13 cycle to give an extra long sleep. I need to minimize my vertical growth due to my plants getting a little tall before I switched light cycle to flower. Currently at 34". Any help on what to expect and how to manage the height (training?) would be greatly appreciated. I am a little worried about things at this point. Also any input on any of the setup is welcome; very inexperienced gardener :)

2. #3 snoopdog6502, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014

I have been hanging weights on my plants. Once they get fat buds they work as weights if you do it right.
    Then I need to tie the plants UP! :D

34" plants?  Tie yarn loosely to the stalk about 6-10 inches down from the top and bend them bitches over and tie to holes poked in the rim of the planter. Its called "low stress training" or LST around here. Works like a mother fucker.

I have examples.

one point tied down.
    View attachment 1472964

12 points tied down.
    View attachment 1475616

recent
    View attachment 1547773

3. 15-20celsius dark cycle
    20-30celsius light cycle
    50-65%humidity
    NL 5 x haze

4. Thanks! Will tie down tomorrow. Yes,34" plants. I don't know what to expect in height growth before harvest. Any ideas?

5. The pics look great! Would like to try outdoor yet.

after a couple weeks of fast growth they will slow up and pack on buds.  LST will keep them under control.

7. #8 snoopdog6502, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    The big thing with LST is to even out the canopy so the lights can be closer and more efficiently used by the plants. Yield will be better with LST.

8. Snoop has good advice on the LST thing. Without Lst you girls will probably get much taller. As far as your plants going back to veg with the timer mishap, I wouldn't worry about it.

9. Thank you guys for the help!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411497177.751426.jpg