Weed And Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Thefinisher, Sep 23, 2014.

The bible doesn't say that shit mf. Stop making shit up. - If you are referring to "Render unto Caesar" then you missed the whole fucking point of the analogy.

King Nebuchadnezzar passed a law requiring all people to worship a golden idol. Three Hebrews refused and were thrown into the furnace. - Should they have obeyed man's law?

King Darius passed a law outlawing prayer for 30 days. Daniel prayed and was cast into the Lion's den. - Should he have obeyed the King?

Should John the Baptist have stopped preaching when told to do so?

God doesn't put these assholes into power.

2. yes it does and no i wasn't

Romans 13

1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you

and if you're one of those "KJV IS THE ONLY VERSION!, then here it is in then KJV

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

3. Sorry in advance
    What the bl**Dy hell has one got to do with the other,realy i,m curiouse what has cheese and pickle got to do with religion ,probably the same answer . A.A.S

I don't read Paul's writings. If you read them side by side with Christ's words they don't even belong in the same book.

I think Paul was a paranoid schizophrenic.

Sorry if I sounded like a lunatic.

5. Where does the Bible contradict itself? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Fer reals?

7. It's only a sin if you believe it's a sin. And most beliefs are usually handed off to you at an early age by some middleman authority figure.

------

8. there is no such thing as sin. sin is a outdated social morality check that has been forced upon us for centuries. sex is natural, the human body is not something to be feared, or mocked, or covered in shame. love is not something that should be confined to a small box.   Smoking cannabis is not a sin.  

now this is not to say that there aren't acts out there that are utterly deplorable, and yes they should be punished. there does have to be some check against the horror of some one who is a rapist, batterer, murder, you get the picture. but that's because those people make society unsafe. and they cause harm, and trauma to others. 

basically its this. if what you are doing isn't harming anyone, then why is it wrong?

9. Yeah. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. are you serious? there's a whole history on it

typical christians, believing in faith instead of facts/logics .. oh sorry dont mean to sound like a religion basher

11. I learned to trump playing spades in jail.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

12. It's a natural creation of God's, I don't see why not. Not to mention that Jesus apparently had no problem with drinking (water into wine, anyone?) which is worse for your body than weed is. 

13. Is smoking weed a sin...Yes it is.  Anything that causes a person to be inebriated is a sin as it distances one's relationship with God.  It doesn't matter whether it is grown from a seed or fermented grain.  If you are thinking of wine being consumed with meals in the Bible, the wine consumed at meals was 1/3 wine, 2/3 water and it was for assistance in digestion.  Being drunk in the Bible in which there are instances of such is a sin. 

Nice propaganda.

The definition of inebriated is quite different for alcohol than for Cannabis.

Distances one's relationship with God? Some would say it enhances it, as all entheogens do. How one uses it, the circumstances, the intention, is what matters, not the thing itself, which in many ways is just a 'permission slip' to become more of who we are.

A knife is a great tool for cutting up meat, it can also kill if used with a different intention.

15. Idk much about religion or anything but the Jesus days were back before it was illegal, so id imagine no it is not a sin?

End of story.

17. God made marijuana. It has many uses. I believe it is a also a cure-all and helps fight cancer.

18. When Jesus returns and we are all raptured would you want to face God's judgement while you were high? I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in the bible to be sober minded when he returns..I'm pretty high so I hope he doesn't come now

19.   Wouldn't know, I'm an afeewist. You guys couldn't comprehend how funny these posts seem to me. Keep um' coming.