Secrets About Your Town?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GottaStayHigh, Sep 22, 2014.

1. You can find bodies in the Kill Van Kull that the mob left. Cops tried to waste Lucky Luciano over there too. "Allegedly."

2. #202 BluntedUp, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    Boardwalk Empire was filmed a few blocks away from me.

My town was founded in 1966 and by 1977 it was under control of the British. The Americans thought that the Area was vulnerable and felt they could take it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Staten_Isl...

Pretty cool full detail story of the Battle of Staten Island. I count it has a secret because it's not a well known Battle in the Revolutionary war let alone for any one who lives on the fucking Island.

Members from the Wu Tang Clan ordered the deaths of two high ranking drug dealers over the robbery of one of the rapper's cousin. They also have been investigated by the FBI for smuggling guns with the a well know Family from "The Five Families." They haven't had any charges filed towards them for any of that though.

3. 1966 isn't even old

4. #204 Ant Dog, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    that's pretty neat . I use to live not far form where the story line in Boardwalk empire takes place from

5. my bad 1666

6. well occasionaly there is a few junkies stabbed.

7. Sounds like Everywhere, USA.

8. The disgraceful "party down south" show was filmed in my town

9. A baseball stadium in my town was used in the filming of 'a league of their own'
    Ive seen several people from my town, one of whoms brother I know, on 'Lockup'
    We are the fattest city in the nation
    We are like #3 in meth lab busts

10. Gene Meredith. Killer. Was born here

11. #211 SaffronSands, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    :)

12. My town has alot of small wooded areas scattered throughout with paths throughout them. Once you go off one of the paths you are bound to discover some crazy shit.
    Theres an abandoned cabin in the middle of one forrest with graffiti and just a floor littered with junk and debris covering the whole cabin, the location is so secret that not even i know the where abouts, only ever seen pictures.
    Another area has a chariot track and a horse pen in the middle of the forrest. I went up and pet and hung out with the horses.

Another area has a clearing with logs and graffiti we call "the ring" or "the donut" and apparently there is another area called the same thing that i have no idea about.

Another area had a homeless man living in a tent that was building a log fort in the woods when it mysteriously burnt down one day and is now a common place to find people partying.
    There was a stoning area built in the woods by my house complete with chairs, stairs and wind blocks but it burnt down after a field fire.
    Im sure theres more i don't know about

13. everybody racsist,lol. true shyt.

14. Lol we have a forest where there's couches and chairs and people go to drink or smoke. Also we had a bathroom in my highschool that was far back from all the other classes and guys and girls would be in the males bathroom toking it up, up until my junior year they permanently shut down the bathroom lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. In the town I live in, there is this house no one goes in or even drives by...it is freaky as all can be...no idea what is in there or why people don't go near it

16. #216 Elvis Presley, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
    My city makes up 1/2 of a two city metropolitan area, both cities built on the Mississippi. There are TONS of tunnel and cave systems beneath the cities some man made some natural. It's pretty unreal, most of the man made ones are carved into sandstone which lends itself to sculpture and some of them have incredible artwork and enormous features like functional staircases and climbing walls hand carved into the sandstone. Some famous gangsters and bootleggers used to use some of them as hideouts and stash spots back in the prohibition era

17. Are you talking about the twin Cities up here?

18. ^Sounds like it.

Also xaqt93, any chance you could upload a picture of the house?

19. #219 Elvis Presley, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016

Yupp! You from MN? @Ron Weaslee

20. Yep, born and raised. SW corner of MN, though.