Goldgrowers 600W, 6 Strain, Soil Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Heya everyone, due to some circumstances I have decided to do a soil grow this time.

The set up includes...

A 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent 
    An air cooled 600w dimmable HPS / MH
    4" systemair fan exhausting the tent 
    5" systemair fan exhausting the reflector
    3x 7" fans circulating air 
    6x 28 litre pots (7.4 US gallons)

The soil mix is....
    40 litres of perlite
    60 litres of west+ compost
    40 litres of humix manure
    100 litres of moss peat 
    Small box of dried bone meal

the strains are...
    G13 labs - Pineapple Express #2 
    Cali connection - Grape Kush
    Cali connection - Grape OG
    Humboldt seeds - Lemon Kush Headband
    Samsara seeds - Sweet Black Angel
    Sweet seeds - Cream Mandarin Fast Version

I have started them in small (about 1 litre) pots. With peat/perlite mix, at about 65/35 ratio. Ill be potting up in to the big boys after a couple of weeks.

I have ordered a metal halide bulb so hopefully that will be here before the seedlings show their faces 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. This will be fun to watch

3. I suspect so, I'm not very good with soil haha 

The last time I tried soil indoors I ended up spending most of my time swatting fungus gnats.  :smoking:
    Is this in addition to the tangerines or a side project? Any reason you went with organics?

5. #5 GoldGrower, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    I have a tent empty so couldn't just leave it like that. I have a landlord inspection soon and the original plan was to leave the tent empty until afterwards so I have less to hide. But I don't know when it's going to happen at this point, it could be 2 months away for all I know. I actually missed the first appointment lol. Anyway, I figure if I need to move my plants to a safe place I have no chance moving a 4' wide hydro plant in a 70 litre reservoir. But soil plants can easily be moved and left for a few days if I needed 

The tangerine dreams are in the other tent and doing fine. Once the inspection is going to happen all 5 tangerine dreams will be cloned and the donor plants will be chucked out as they will be too big to hide. Small clones will be easier to pack away. Once everything is set up again the clones will be vegged until these 6 have finished. Or at least that's the current plan, but things keep changes so who knows

6. Im in for sure

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I have just bought 20 litres of worm castings to go with the mix. Anyone know if I should be adding anything else? Ill probably get some lime in case the mix is too acidic. I may get another bag of perlite too 

8. Still no sign of the seedlings, they are at 19℃ at the moment, I might put the light on to add a bit of warmth. Poor buggers are freezing in there 

9. Subbed! Nice as fuck variety & good luck!

10. Yep ima sub on this one, should be interesting.

11. My Blackwater OG is from Cali Connection too.  I have heard it grows very similar to Grape OG.  You have 6 plants in a 33% smaller space than mine.  Pretty ballzie to do so many different strains.  I've heard it's hard to keep your lights close and most don't recommend it in small spaces as one or 2 will take off when the others are slower.  This will be awesome to watch.  I've wanted to try similar grows but have been talked out of it. 

I vegged 6 weeks.  Check my updated video in my journal.  A tent is gonna help you access your girls so much better than I can in my tiny room.  I need one.  SUBBED!

12. #13 Head Chef, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    LST, and super cropping will keep them at a nice even canopy for the lights.

And honestly if gold is as good using LST methods as he is doing scrog's then this canopy will be perfectly level :)

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

Thanks man, they were all free seeds from previous orders. I don't think the 2 grapes have been officially released yet so I have no idea what they will be like, but the photos of them look great on the attitude website

14. #15 Bubbashine, Sep 25, 2014
    I also got that promo deal with some Hazeman strawberry cough and received 5 Fat Purple free! I do love them stacked promo deals from Attitude I ended up with a buy 12 get 12 free in the end!

I didn't think 6 plants in a 4'x4' is too many. Would you say 4 would be better? I'm not going to be growing them huge so they should be ok I reckon.

Why would it be hard to keep the light close? My cooled hood allows me to get 6" from the tops without problems.

Yeah there is definitely going to be some varied growth patterns but I'm happy topping initially to keep the canopy even and then afterwards some LST should keep things even.

Do you really consider a 4x4' x 6.5' a small space? 

Yeah I like tents, very convenient for me as I have a vegging tent, a flowering tent, a drying cupboard, and a storage cupboard all light proof and all in the one room 

Haha thanks for having so much confidence in me, I hope it goes well now, the pressure is on haha 

Have you grown the strawberry cough yet? That is definitely on my to do list 

17. #18 Bubbashine, Sep 25, 2014
    Nope but I'm thinking my next grow will be just that maybe 4 or 6 plants! I'm still on my first grow I also really want to try Hazemans White Grapes and double white cheese witch I have!

18. I have set up a 125w CFL to start them under as I find they are great for keeping stretch to a minimum, plus it uses less electricity. Ill probably turn on the metal halide on 250w after the first couple of weeks 

I have just started a couple of TH Seeds bubblegum autos to shove in the corners for some free early bud. They won't have any priority over any light but whatever they yield will be free so who cares. So that's 8 plants in there now haha ... Although none have broken surface yet 

I'll check out your journal now, sounds like a good line up looking at your signature