Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could Someone Help Identify This White Patch On My Weed Please?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bun_Spliffs, Sep 22, 2014.

1. so i just picked up some bud and its fire, covered in crystals but after smoking some i realised there was a white patch on a couple of the leaves and i've looked at powdery mildew but not 100% sure its that so just want to see what you guys think so heres a few pictures, if i take off the leaves with this "powder" on can i still smoke the bud? the rest of it looks fine, oh and if you look real close at the last picture you can see tiny orange dots in the buds anyone know what that could be? thanks

Attached Files:

2. #2 SergeantMeowstein, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    The white fluff in the last pic looks definitely like mold, I'm sorry to say. It's not healthy to smoke moldy bud especially if you're allergic. That being said, though, I've probably smoked moldy shit unknowingly and here I still am, no respiratory problems. 

3. yeah i was thinking the same it was just strange how it was only on the leaves and was only only on a couple of the buds some appeared completely fine, also any idea on the small orange dots when i break open the bud? cheers dude

4. Looks like bud...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. any idea what the white powdery stuff on some of the leaves are?

6. #6 SergeantMeowstein, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014

I can't say anything definite on the orange dots.. Could be more developed mold? Btw the type of mold that can infect cannabis is called Aspergillus, in case you want to check some more info about it. 

How much of that bud have you got? If it's around a gram or two, I guess I'd try water curing the nugs. There are several threads online about how water curing should get rid of mold. Although if you're holding a few grams, you could look into making BHO or QWISO just to minimize the risk of getting spores in your respiratory system. 

7. Scary stuff. Whoever sold you that either fucked up or doesn't know what he or she is doing.

8. I'd smoke that stuff anyway. I have probably smoked more mold than there is sand on a beach.

No wonder it's way he Am I?

No drain bamage here! I'm fine!