Statistics

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Palgrave, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Hey buds, I am interested in starting a study to see how legalisation has effected each state in terms of how money is being generated for the states.

On top of what is being generated via tax I would also like to delve deeper and include the amount of money being saved in law enforcement, imprisonment, drug abuse etc. I would also like to include statistics from recent studies regarding declines in suicide rates.

The point I want to show is that there is more money either generated or saved that can be used elsewhere. I live in a conservative state and I would like to be able to show the opposition to mmj that aside from its medical benefits there will be a monetary infusion into the local and state economy.

At the end of the study I would like to compare data from state to state so I can figure out a formula to extract a value per X amount of residence. I like numbers, what can I say?

This is an ambitious project and wanted to get feedback about it from the community.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you actually get activity "posts" on this topic I applaud you... Also You can run all the numbers you want shift them around and turn them upside but you will never be able to argue THIS..

In order to grow IN FLORIDA you have to have a...
    NURSERY with inventory of at least 400,000 plants and 30 years of uninterrupted experience
    in order to qualify for "ONE" of only "FIVE" licenses that will be handed out!

Having said that yes it will produce taxes... But that is also is a monopoly that will drive prices up for better profits because there's no need to be competitive... End result the "sick consumer" will be subject to drive to ONE of FIVE "treatment centers" and pay more

VS..........

A open....controlled.... BUT Competitive free market....
    that's real infusion to TAXES and a COMMUNITY... A small business owner makes money he one way or another recycles it back into that community thus generating more and more taxes

You can't fight that no matter what data you get..... "Amendment 2"💥🔫
    Vote this one down it's not worth it we can do better

Florida mmj is not about helping the sick it's about monopolizing!!!

vote no

3. #3 jmick, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    Since the legalization of cannabis is so new in the 2 states affected it will probably be several years before the monetary numbers will be there in order to be crunched....

I'm sure that it will be on the positive side though.....

Be sure to vote YES on amendment 2 on November 4th in Florida...... :yay:  :gc_rocks:

4. Actually I can argue THIS...

Your confusing the Charlotte's web laws with amendment 2. Amendment 2 will not be set up same way as the charlottes web law ergo you have no argument and thus I have vanquished you...... for now.....

True true, i was more focusing on the mmj side of it since it's been around longer. But I dont want to rule out how much money washington and colorado are saving in areas such as rehab. As pointed out in the union a lot of first timers are given the choice of jail or rehab, since it is no longer illegal the state no longer has to spend money on the trial nor rehab.

It's the little things that no one really thinks about that I want to touch on. Joe officer makes $V a year and used to spend x% of his time busting marijuana offenders, now that it is legal officer joe spends y% of his time busting marijuana offenders. X-Y=Z where Z = money saved in man hours doing real police work.

5. That's all he does. I don't get why he keeps quoting the wrong bill and then wonders why no one will take him serious.

6. #6 Bullandbear, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    NO IM NOT CONFUSED YOU ARE
    I know the difference one from the other ether way...

1) no companionate grow for the needy
    2) no personal grows
    3) no commercial grows

Thus no small business + therefore less revenue = less taxes

Do... U... Understand....

Some one TELL ME WHERE ON AMENDMENT2 we can GROWWWWWWWWW

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. It will be the same five growers that's why!

Pls go get the language!!! Read it!!!
    TELL ME WHERE ON AMENDMENT2 we can GROWWWWWWWW

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Better question. Show me any new mmj bill that lets you grow your own.
    Min- nope
    NJ- nope
    NV- getting banned this year.
    IL- nope
    There are even a few southern states that have " medical" Charlottes web bills. Guess 0 home grows.
    How about in the great legal state of wa. Zero plants.

Do you see the trend.
    Growing your own is going to be a thing of the past with all new legislation from here on out.
    Sorry to burst your bubble kid.
    Arguing with you more just makes me think that they should vote for it. So hats off to you sir. You converted another one for the other team.

9. By george my thread got shat upon

10. Wow so all those twenty million times that I was SAYING

In order to grow IN FLORIDA you have to have a...
    NURSERY with inventory of at least 400,000 plants and 30 years of uninterrupted experience
    in order to qualify for "ONE" of only "FIVE" licenses that will be handed out!

I WAS....... CORRECT..... REALLY.....?

Honestly u and everyone here can vote for what ever they think fits but don't undermine facts by simply saying I'm quoting and I don't know what I'm talking about THEN WHEN I CONFRONT YOU ASKING YOU A QUESTION.... YOU REPLY THAT YOU HAVE A BETTER QUESTION😂😂😂leave those weasel tactics at home!!!!! everything I've posted here can be researched👍...

vote no

11. #11 Bullandbear, Sep 23, 2014
    Please I honestly have no interest in arguing with not one of you!!! I was just making a valid point

(Data of florida taxes) monopoly vs free market?

To the topic... But I don't like getting discredited with no foundation from my accusers..
    No that the t's are crossed and i's are dotted Pls leave me alone in any other future threads..
    Want not parts to endless and useless arguments🙏👍

vote no

12. Once again quoting the wrong bill.
    There will be more then 5 grow facilities. No you don't need 400k plants. No you don't need 30 years of growing experience for amnd 2. Are you really that thick.

He is the Charlottes web bill you love to quote.

An amended version of the Charlotte's Web medical cannabis bill passed both branches of the Florida Legislature as of Friday, the last day of the legislative session, without any lawmaker debate regarding a curious requirement grafted onto the bill. The growers producing the low THC version of the marijuana are not required to have experience with herbs or medicinal plants of any nature, but the amendment slotted in the bill by Representative Matt Caldwell (R-Lehigh Acres) requires at least 30 years of uninterrupted operational nursery experience in Florida. The amendment also limits production to larger nurseries growing over 400,000 plants. Long quiet about whether or not he would veto the Charlotte's Web legislation, Governor Scott announced he will sign the bill when it hits his desk.

Matt Caldwell, the author of the operational experience amendment, is only 32 years of age himself. Caldwell states that about 35 nurseries could potentially qualify to act as dispensaries based on size and the amount of time continuously in business. Legislators in South Florida attempted to change the 30 year requirement to 10 years because almost all nurseries in that area were forced to close for some period of time after Hurricane Andrew in 1992. Although nursery size and financial wherewithal requirements could easily be connected to marijuana patient benefits and producer experience could be beneficial as well, having a requirement for 30 uninterrupted years of experience is difficult to connect to an actual benefit to the patient. The 30 year requirement limits the number of potential growers to such a low level that the viability of the legislation may be at risk

This has nothing to do with what is being voted on but for some
    Reason you think it is.

Read more at http://guardianlv.com/2014/05/florida-medical-cannabis-charlottes-web-curious-amendment/#r7eWmsf1XU835237.99

Try to get your facts straight if you want to present a real argument.

13. It's the medical industrie.
    News flash. The medical industry's not about helping people. It's about making money.
    You expect mmj to be any different.

14. Why are you basing your argument ON A ARTICLE LOL.....
    WITCH BY THE WAY DOENT SAY ANYTHING in your favor 😂😂😂 it just adds to mine

Read it
    Quote -Legislators in South Florida attempted to change the 30 year requirement
    KEY WORD.......ATTEMPTED!!!!!

Quote-The 30 year requirement limits the number of potential growers to such a low level that the viability of the legislation may be at risk
    KEY WORD..... Requirement

Unless you bring back real actual language FROM THE LAW... stop betting a dead horse🐴
    🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊🙉🙊

vote no

15. That post will haunt you for ever on here🙈🙈🙈🙈 this is A florida MMJ activist lol
    It's a free god sent medicinal plant that grows with dirt and water and the sick May have to pay the price because of a few STONERS

CASE AND POINT

vote no

16. Oh for fucks sakes, Sgstadanko707 is right, he quoted you the right text. Bullandbear you are wrong and furthermore you are spreading misinformation! Go ahead and vote no, we are voting yes and when the amendment passes, and it will pass, remember this conversation when you get your mmj card and buy your weed from one of 2 dozen dispensaries that will be available in your city.

17. #17 Bullandbear, Sep 23, 2014

Lol any one that reads post #14 & #15 on this thread would come to the simple conclusion that you both don't have a full grasp of what is being voted on very poor mmj advocates..👎👎

vote no

18. I have an idea, why don't you move somewhere that allows you to grow your own?

I mean I don't like not being able to grow my own but I'm not gonna cut off my nose to spite my face.

You obviously won't let it go so what is the solution? Vote no and wait at minimum 2 years for another chance?

19. Because I don't care to grow I don't smoke.. And I'm not sick thank god so I don't need it
    But America is going down hill one law at a time... I hate the fact that they pretending this law is to help the sick... I have family members that will not benefit from this law so I take it lilttle personal and I'm sorry for that but what I'm saying make seance.... No???

Why don't people interten this.... http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1285879-Florida-Lawmaker-creates-bill-to-legalize-marijuana-21%2B

Because the focus and money is being pushed towards "amendment2" thus tricking the public into giving in! This is a option and more importantly UNLIKE "JOHN MORGANS" ITS FOR
    "THE REAL PEOPLE"

vote no

20. #20 Palgrave, Sep 23, 2014
    So you have no stake in this election so what's it to you? Your going to go around telling people to vote no when you yourself don't even use? Your pushing no on 2 because you are anti marijuana but without a proper argument you try to get others to join your cause by misinforming the public stating you can't grow and its not about the sick but the greedy. Knowing your wrong you state facts about the Charlotte's web laws (which are being contested BTW) and the as of yet unwritten laws about amendment 2. You are lying and we will not tolerate it, not because we back each other up but because we see you for what you are, an anti marijuana pissant trying anything and everything to change at least one persons mind. News flash, you failed.