News Anchor Quits Live On Air To Promote Weed Legalisation

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by aspidiske, Sep 22, 2014.

1. #1 aspidiske, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    KTVA reporter outs herself as CEO of the Alaska Cannabis Club, saying ‘as for this job, fuck it, I quit'

quit.jpg

An Alaskan news reporter added some punch to the marijuana legalisation movement when she quit her job live on air after revealing herself as the owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club
    During last night's 10pm KTVA broadcast, reporter Charlo Greene reported on the Cannabis Club without mentioning her links to the organisation. But as the cameras rolled, she confessed to being the CEO of the group and announced that she would be now spending all her time fighting for "freedom and fairness". 
    "I, the actual owner of the Alaskan Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalising marijuana here in Alaska," Greene explained, before adding, "And as for this job, not that I have a choice, but fuck it – I quit." 
    Greene then walked off set. This, my friends, is what you call great TV:

The Alaska Cannabis Club Facebook page encouraged viewers to tune in at 10pm prior to the broadcast, but nobody was prepared for Greene's pro-weed message â€“ especially not her fellow anchor, who stammered after her walkout: "We apologise for that... Pardon for (sic) us."
    KTVA issued a statement on its site apologising to viewers and said that Greene had been terminated from employment.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcSqIuqkz4​

Greene has now launched an Indiegogo fundraising page for the Alaska Cannabis Club to campaign for marijuana legalisation in the state. 

Reflecting on her dramatic resignation, she writes: "As a member of the media, I've seen the dirty campaign tricks and lies that prohibitionists have been using over the past several months to sway Alaskan voters firsthand."
    "Few people fighting for marijuana legalization in Alaska are as media savvy, well educated on the marijuana industry, passionate, professional and completely dedicated to passing this initiative as me, the only person in Alaska that has had the balls to face the injustice of Alaska's medical marijuana catch-22 and do something about it. My Alaska Cannabis Club members are right here with me, ready to fight this long overdue fight."

2. There's almost no better way to quit your shitty job that you hate in order to do something you enjoy and feel is right.

3. I have mad respect for her. I want to be open and be an mj activist but I can't afford to get found out and fired.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 WeedAndBombs, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    This chick is bad ass. Here's her explanation video:
     ​
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VwtDfGajQ​

5. I'll be masturbating to this later.  

6. #6 Bullandbear, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    This is a true activist... A true freedom fighter..... A true Américan... 👏👏👏👏👏💪

Florida mmj is not about helping the sick it's about monopolizing!!!

vote no

7. Aftermath of the 'Fuck it, I quit' video - on the Facebook Page of KTVA 11 News​
     ​
     ​
     ​
    [​IMG]

8. Haha yep, you can't fire someone who quit.

9. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_1LxixtQQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player oh em gee!!!! This is so badass!!

10. to quote Ric Flair 
    "YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!"

also, damnit that beats the pants off of every walkout i've ever seen... you go girl XD

and that obama comment is hilarious too.

11. best thing i've seen in a while 

12. Surprised she had the confidence to say it in public television, at least, she's not restricted anymore.

LOL man, I'll fuck her too - she's fine and intelligent.

13. Hell yeah man, those fucking lips are awesome. :D

14. #14 FlawlessMagnum, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    Ive been reading through the comments on the facebook page and its literally almost 2000 people backing her up and just rubbing it in the stations face lol.
    Some of my favorites...
    "Dont be mad, its the first time anyone has paid attention to your news station"
    "I wonder how much its going to cost to replace all the electronics after the editors and producers spit their coffee on everything"

She quit like a boss and got a shit ton of publicity while doing it. Smart woman. Go big

Maybe she got randomly piss tested and knew she was gonna fail so she just went out with a bang.

15. I respect her, Follow your dream 

16. #16 GrowDoe, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    Okay, I'm going to probably ruin the mood here on this story, but I see two problems for her:

1)  She used the company platform to push her own personal agenda.  Right, or wrong, she may have some liability with that.

2)  I want marijuana activists to act professionally and respectfully, as much as possible, BUT AT A MINIMUM at least look responsible, so that they help MY cause, and not just their own.  A lot of people are seeing this story and they will point to examples like this to reinforce the 'stoner' stereotype that we all have to fight daily.   Fact is, she acted irresponsible in a business setting.   This makes it harder for all us other stoners to get ahead in the work place because we'll get stereotyped as like her.  She could have made a bigger impact if she hadn't cursed.  (still have a problem of using the company for her personal gain.)   But I understand why because she wanted shock effect and to parlay the attention she would receive (from the back of the company) to propel her own personal marijuana career.    I, personally, do not want folks like her to push our cause or represent me.  Just MHO.

17. #17 ReturnFire333, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014

The stoner stereotype is a news anchor that operates on live TV in front of thousands of people? Well spoken? Sharp? Wow, you stoners have come a bit of a ways. Or is the stoner stereotype someone who says fuck in a sentence, because alot of people who have never smoked weed before would be stoners if that were the case.

Even though it might seem that I'm coming across negatively to you, I actually do think it would have been alot more professional and respect worthy to the cause if she would have just said "I quit,"  and not cursed. Cursing is never in good taste.

18. Agreed. She made her point WAY before the F-bomb. It was unnecessary and heavily discredited her and tokers everywhere.

The Probies will just say, "Well, she was on drugs and this is why it should stay illegal."

I admire her courage and she seems very intellectual. The F was just for flare but that's what quitting on live television could have done alone. It would have been more solid for her to just say, "I quit." and walk.

In any debate, you lose ground by cursing.

Sent from my garage-run gynecology office using Grasscity Forum.

19. #19 Palgrave, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    not unless you masterbate, I think cursing is cool then.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. #20 Lenny., Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    I did not know that the Alaska Cannabis Club existed or what it did, but thanks to this woman now people all across the nation are aware. Who knows how many hits her website has garnered because of this. The donations they've received. The attention the Alaska legalization effort has garnered.

wake up call: everyone says fuck in the real world. vice presidents say it, news anchors say it, moms say it, lawyers, doctors, programmers, contractors, teachers, homemakers, police officers, professional athletes, musicians, veterinarians, parents, grandparents, great grandparents, the unemployed and the disabled, they all say FUCK  so get over it. it's the real world.