Cooler DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by HAZZI427, Sep 22, 2014.

1. So, I will admit that this is my first hydroponic set up as well as first grow ever. I've got 2 48 qt igloo coolers, 1 being res and 2 being the chiller. Topfin 4000 air pump with two large air stones, and the jetmax 1200 water pump. I've got a 400w M/H on rollers. As of right now I've got 2 plants growing. Any comments or advice is welcomed. Thanks to all you GBs...!!

Ps... attaching photos

2. Hey everybody, I have a question about odor control. Has anyone tried to use a Hamilton Beach True Air Room Odor Eliminator? It's carbon filter and it would be in my closet which is quiet tiny. Opinions and input wanted.

3. Bury that seedling rw cube ASAP, if you can

Unless this set up is strictly for seedlings/clones more than one mature plant will overtake the others

4. Been having some issues with the second one but I seem to have straighten everything out, normal growth for now.

5. on my first grow too. These plants are amazing. And bounce back from mistakes. Don't panic..

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Up to week4 widowxbb i made quite a few mistakes..be patient..they talk

Attached Files:

7. Nice... The only things bothering me right now are (pic1) and (pic2). 1 looks like it is sick or something. Maybe bad root growth causing the small leaves. And then look at the top of 2. It always has a blackish tint on the leaves when they start growing out and then it clears up to being green. Idk.

8. Pic1
    Pic2

Attached Files:

9. Its ok itll grow out of that it looks like light burn I did that too.. when the roots hit the water watch out. Don't mist them will also make them burn

10. I decided last night to pull it from the rock wool and check roots. It had a very tiny bit off brown on a root and I ended up tearing that part off the root system and cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and placed in new rock wool. Watered with correct ph and placed back under light. Not sure if it will make it or not. Updated phot coming your way.

11. Yeah they will tell u when ur messing up...better keep ppms low for first few weeks...like under 250 ppms after week 2-3. I feed 600 ppms and my plants are bushes.....

12. The yellowing is probably from the browning roots

13. 600 ppm im scared of 500 im at 300-400

14. Today

Attached Files:

15. I've go t one just wanting to get big. Then the other that really looks like it's going to die off or be very problematic.

16. Don't read that post wrong guys..... I feed low ppms like 30-150 to seedlings depending on strain...until week 2-3 I step up to 250 ppms. I'm at 6-700 ppms now week 3 of 3 gallon net pots...my plants are clones.....again clones I don't feed more than 250 ppms during rooting and 1st week after roots show. Then I step up to 4-500 ppm range... If you use good nutes keep ph 5.2 - 6.2 range..... Your plants will love this range. Ideal float for cannabis cultivation hydroponics... Some say 5.8 ideal.....try 5.5 my plants love 5.2 they ride the scale the ph scale and feed according to needs... Raising or lowering nutrient solution at will. I do not adjust ph I only add more ro water or nutes. I'm getting ready maybe this weekend to flush system and refill.... 1 month guys no change of rez....

17. How many FSU fans we got that grow ?! I know I'm not alone here.