So I Have 500 Dollars For A Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by captainbuttram, Sep 21, 2014.

1. show me the the most turn up piece on the planet that i can buy right here right now

2. In that price range, check out Aqua Lab Technologies- they specialize in higher end glass. I would highly recommend Mobius Glassworks or Sovereignty Glass for the $500 range.

I hate to say it, but that piece looks overpriced. The angle of the downstem and the tree percs are working against one another- tree percs need to be level to work best but it looks like you have to recline to keep the bud in the bowl. Also, the trees aren't reinforced.

3. Although the angle does seem steep everything I put in the bowl fits in fine and does not fall out when I hit the bong at level ground which is how I hit it every time unless I am feeling lazy. Also the tree perks are reinforced, I don't know why it doesn't state that in the description. If you ever hit it you would take back saying it's overpriced, between me and some of my bong connoisseur friends who have collectively hit pretty much every high end bong and style you can name we all came to the consensus that this bong is the smoothest one we have ever hit. 

4. Roor dealers cup, and a half oz of weed!

5. #6 shattermatter00, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
  6. A Mobius will put a smile on your face every time you look at it.

Got my Ion Matrix bub for $365 shipped from Utah to New York and couldn't be happier with the purchase

7. dirty rico

8. I hate to say it but you are pretty far from the truth. That bong is a simple beaker with a tree perc, a 20+ year old design. As mentioned the angle is way to horizontal and those big trees are to draggy for most "bong connoisseurs". If you guys had tried every style I can name off: sov, toro, Mobius, dirty rico, david Goldstein, and about a million others in that ~500$ range, then you would undoubtedly come to the conclusion that there exist better pieces for the price.

9. OMG, why so expensive? I would spend 50 on a bong then 450 on weed.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

^ THIS!

11. I stopped reading when i saw you used "turn up" when referring to a bong..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. We have smoked out of several dozen high end pieces, of the ones you named only david goldstein we have not collectively heard of or tried. I also said it was the smoothest, I never spoke of the drag, and it's quite clear that the angle of the down stem is intentional to provide the best pull for the particular design. Does it pull as good as a straight tube or maybe another perc bong? No. But in the $500 range I would put it up against the best and say it holds its ground. 

Sorry that you had to take it so matter of fact. It was obviously the opinion of myself and the people I smoke with. Maybe other people would say differently but the OP looked for opinions and I gave him one.

Also, most of the pieces you would think to mention would go for over $500, I gave him one that was just below his max price range. How about you actually post something that you would think is better and give reasoning? Which is the purpose of the thread. 

13. I would likely go the Mobius route, but that's only because I don't own one yet.  I have a plain roor straight tube and man I am happy I purchased it, use the thing everyday providing its not dirty, owned it for almost a year now.

14. #15 walterbishop, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014

There were no bongs like that 20+ years ago. Lol...

In 1995 the height of technology in glass bongs was a Roor with an ice pinch and ground joints.

15. Not going to say any usernames, but some of these posters smell their own farts

Omega963

16. vapexhale cloud evo and a cheap tube from the lhs to run it through

17. I felt that speaking the truth instead of saying nothing was better. OP could have seen your post and bought it right away without looking at his options. If he spends a few weeks looking at his options and thinks it over, and THEN makes the educated decision that the bong you posted was his best option, then so be it. I am just saying that there are better functioning pieces out there for less than 500$ even.

You want me to post something better, for less? ApixDesign could make you a very nice piece for a fraction of that design. A single chamber sov would be well below 500$, an SGW waffle would be well below, you could get something from MGW for nearly half that price.

Im sorry that im not gonna try and protect peoples feeling and not be honest, but that's just how I am; I tell it like it is.

18. Do you want looks or good flow?

My buddy had a very expensive bong but looked like a plain glass bubble, fat short tube with skinny tube for mouth, had no good looks to it, purely performance.

He said it was called scientific or something like that, maybe $600. Looked like it was $30 at a smoke shop.

Hit like a mother fucking beast, clean tight hits no splash. I want one for sure.

19. In b4 flaming...

Im a frugal guy by nature. It kills me when i spent close to $300 for my underdog vaporizer....but thats technology that im having to pay for there.

SO, why do you all buy "High end" glass? Do you get better "technology" or anything like that that you can NOT EASILY find in a low-cost alternate option? I have a feeling if they fall over or drop, they will still be broken into pieces...right? or is the glass that much better? 

I think the fact that glass is so fragile, by nature is what kills me on paying for "high-end" glass. I do own a "real" Pure double tree perc 2 ft+ bong....i know people have ripped on Pure, especially since i guess they get bootlegged a lot. But, im pretty sure mine is legit since I bought it second hand off my former drug dealer when he got busted....and he was always at the clubs, and other higher-end type places. I only payed $150, when I think he payed $300 plus....i regretted it as I was buying it since that was a lot of money to me then, and I had a feeling it be shattered within a year! So....there's my "high end glass" story. I still got the pure btw....although its a social bong, that MF'er never leaves my sight and I make sure im in the rotation when that bitch is getting used since I now have a spidey-sense for it and know when it is in trouble!lol