The i Dont Care Attitude

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by hibodharma, Sep 21, 2014.

1. #1 hibodharma, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    When I was a teenager, like any young guy, I was trying hard to be cool. It wasn't how you dressed, who you hung out with, or even what you said...it was more than that. It was a cool, confident state of mind, you felt loose, and the energy flowed through your body & mind without pause or obstruction.

It was like the feeling of getting up in front of a room of people and giving an inspiring speech, and not concerning yourself with what they think of you, or having debilitating self-conscious thoughts holding you back. No ego, or insecurities whatsoever for a few moments. Having the ability to perform at your best without trying too hard.

11 years later, I feel like I've lost touch with that cool, confident attitude. I'm too nice, too accommodating to peoples' needs and they do not find that attractive. It's one of the trappings with being a sensitive young man, and an introvert- I can feel what everyone is feeling and it can be overwhelming without solitude breaks.

Anyone else knows how this feels? How do we get in touch with that again? I just got out of a long term relationship and feel like I don't know remember how to be myself again, focus on my goals and take care of myself.

2. Wait till you hit 50.

Halfway there and friends are diving into marriage and kids and minivans. I wish I didn't worry so damn much about women, who they are sleeping with and all of that, its really none of my business

4. I get that feeling many times when I'm high. 

5. Step 1:

Start doing shit for yourself. Treat yourself.

Step 2:

Be rude in small amounts on occasion. It feels good sometimes.

Step 3:

Don't forget who you are or where you came from after you start progressing through your change. No one likes a full-time asshat.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Speak your fucking mind at all costs!!!!(no need to confront everybody though)..learn to say no .speaking your mind without fear or hesitation feels goooooood

7. introvert is a frame of mine not a state of mind. you could be anything you want to be but you are stuck on thoughts of what if this happens or this is just the way it is.

8. I love that term 'aloof'. You just needa be aloof man. Commanding sexual prowess is all about believing you have said sexual prowess. Unfortunately for me, my sexual prowess only become prevalent once I got 5 years into a serious relationship... So now I see all these cute babes lookin at me and I have to just deny myself these opportunities. Gah!

Oh that's rough, I know how that feels. After I got back with my ex-gf, I met this sweet, cute young thing and she was flirting with me. Isn't it funny, you're in a relationship and notice these cute girls everywhere? And when you're single it's like they can sense you are in 'hunter mode' lol

It feels good, but when I do it too much this girl says I'm an asshole. She doesn't want the truth- she wants me to lie to her and say she's the only woman for me, but that's not true. It feels damn good sticking to my guns, and not getting all emotional when they are going nuts too.

11. I used to care, then I realized, no one else cares. Why should I pay em any mind? If I die tomorrow, they aren't coming to my funeral, so fuck them and their opinion. Just love who you are and realize that the only person that can break you, is yourself

12. I don't know how you were a young James Bond as a teen. I was an awkward teenager with acne, I can't relate.

13. Fuck being cool.
    As cliche as it sounds... just be yourself, and don't give a shit about how other people perceive you.
    As long as you do that, you're cool in my book. 

14. This is true.
    If you go (grocery) shopping with a woman, the other women will look at you.  If you're single - nada.

15. #15 Cawdswallup, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    This. Fucking this, OP.
    Being an asshole is liberating.
    Step on some toes, insult some people. Tell your neighbour to fuck himself. Cause a scene next time you order food and the order is wrong.
    Bitch at a customer service rep.
    Give change to the homeless (don't be an asshole to the homeless)
    Tell your boss you quit then come back in the next day and tell him you came back just to quit again.
    Step on gum? Spit yours at someone.

16. Quoted for truth.