Amare Tech Solar Spec Insight

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Peflora, Sep 21, 2014.

1. #161 Peflora, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    It's encouraging to see how well both strains are fattening up

Pictured are sats (BBCC under 2 @ SS 150s in my other thread)

Plus, welcome 9 new babies, and help me focus on them being truer expressions of their parents - Big Mex and Blueberry Cheesecake

Babies are under the SS 260, somewhat shaded by the big sat

(Edit) A few tap roots have already broken through the starter cubes, so I moved them into 4" net pots, side filled with small polished rock then into my Igloo bubbler

Attached Files:

2. Looking Good PET!

3. Only 2/4 of the sprouts formed first set of leafs

The other 2 were not strong enough to break the shells off

The others have failed to pop out of their shells altogether

These are from seeds I made combining the Med-Man Silver Skunk Big Mex male with a Blueberry Cheesecake female

The plants I've been growing have very little resemblance.

No idea why they seem so unstable

I had 6 more actual Silver Skunk B x 1 seeds, so I just tossed them in water

Fingers crossed

4. #164 Peflora, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
    R'Tard Seeds

This being my second difficult go-round using seeds I developed by mixing a Med-Man Silver Skunk B x 1 male with a Med-Man  B x1 Blueberry Cheesecake female (the 2 halves of said strain) I began to suspect a bad pollination.

Typically, no matter the seeds, I get long taps within 2 days; too long by day 3

Now 2 attempts popping my seeds (~ 10 seeds each time,) mine barely cracked, even after days and days. I transferred them to starter cubes anyway.

Anyone following could tell I was unhappy. It may have appeared I was questioning the lights when all I was doing was questioning "Why?"

Fortunately, I had 6 original seeds left, so I popped them YESTERDAY

This morning (<24 hours), all have cracked and 2 already have 1/4+ taps sticking out

Why my breeding the male with the female resulted in inferior seeds, I have no clue, but that spiraled this whole grow out of proportion

Many probably questioned the lights, when the likely suspect is my R'Tard Seeds.

Maybe I should copyright the name :yay:<span style="color:rgb(0,0,205);"> </span>

I've grown quality plants under 3000/5000k LED household bulbs and 4ft led tubes, so even though I've been frustrated, I was open to digging deeper for the cause.

Now we'll see what these babies (lights and seeds) can do

The BBCC seems to be ok, although ~ 30% smaller than the original mother, but the sat (Big Mex aka BM) is literally 1/10th the size of the original Med-Man plant

5. One of the biggest thing I found when cross breeding is that  you have to allow for the seeds to fully develop. Having cross breed and back crossed strains  I have had seeds that were immature or just "duds". I am no breeding guru but that is what I had found in my experience.

6. Double up the wire hangers.....  Instead of connecting 1 end to the light and the other to your rope ratchet... connect 2 wire hangers in a "U" shape from one brass connector on the light to the other... then attach the rope ratchet in the middle... (kind of like the back off a picture frame)... This will cut your vertical height limit in half by shortening the wire hangers... plus adds for more strength as the wire hangers are doubled.

Look at the  photo I attached and you will see what I mean...

IMG_0020.JPG

7. Just checked on the 2 plants that I started a couple weeks ago

Too big to gobble down?

Low and behold, there was a Palmetto Bug (roach family) on one

Took it outside and dispensed of it

I am not aware that they eat plant material

Will do a Wiki

8. Yep, turns out they do eat greens

Pretty resourceful to get at the seedlings which were in my igloo bubbler

9. #169 Peflora, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    Tossed  15 polyseeds 3 days ago: Woody Haze x White Widow pollinated with G13 . A few taps are sticking out

Veg Tent

The 2 surviving seedlings are doing well (see pic)

SS 150 + ufo 3500k

4 BBCC near done. They are very fast finishers

No discernible difference, but the far right side needed more light

See my thread (Building Toward 600w LED...) for more pics

SS 260

Big Mex sats are throwing calyxes now

All ahead full

Attached Files:

10. #171 Peflora, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    I was thumbing through an old MJ growers book Marijuana Flower Forcing and came across a "Super Size" tip

At ~ 4 weeks into flower give plants 24/0 light for 3 weeks to initiate reveg

Apparently it does not effect the buds as they are set.

Then drop photo-period to flower

It goes on to say even a few days of 24/0 between week 4-5 will stimulate more flowers, potentially increasing weight ~ 10%

Ima try that with the Sat dom, which is under the SS 260

FYI tent temp 65* this morning.

Cool weather expected all week. Just in time

11. Assuming it works as advertised, the cost to run it is likely much less than the extra bud it generates

12. I am only doing the 3 day version

13. #175 DDP, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
  14. #176 Peflora, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    SS 260 Sat update

Not sure you can see how nice the lowest bud on the second pic is

Attached Files:

15. Rereading the chapter, by giving 3 weeks of 24/0 is said to not affect developing buds, but to begin new shoots. In effect, it is a way to reveg without the down time. This is probably vg for a small grower

I noticed that by the 3rd day 24/0, the buds are considerably bigger

16. #178 Peflora, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    BBCC has been in the dark for 48 hours- only turned light on for pic

Sat has ~ 7 more days

Nursery is looking good under the SS 150

Should have a heating mat as weather has been cool, but I am using a humid dome.

Attached Files:

17. #179 Peflora, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    All BBCCs harvested and trimmed

These buds grown under 300w are much fatter and heavier than those from same strain grown under my BML SPYDR 600 (~ 340w)

More pics of this and the Triplets in my Building Toward a 600w...  thread

Manicured buds are from all 4 BBCC + trim (not shown)

The buds in the bowl are all lowest. Damn, the biggest/densest/frostiest lowest buds I've had

Attached Files:

18. Next Up, and a first for me, is vegging and reveging under one SS 150

2 separate tents each with a SS 150

One tent has 4-5 WH x WW: pol G 13

The other tent has 2 surviving Med Man Silver Skunk + the 'big' BBCC. Well not so much big, but unlike the cola type triplets, she had 4 branches so I decided to reveg her

Since I was taking pics, also an SS 260 BMex update

Attached Files: