Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Did I Have Such Negative Affects After Not Smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Emily143, Sep 20, 2014.

1. I've been a pretty heavy smoker for a couple months. I go thru like 1.5 grams a day on average. But I ran out of money and decided to take a t break until my birthday (only 12 days). Well the first day I didn't smoke, I threw up but that could be unrelated. Well I haven't smoked for 5 days, and I can't ear suddenly. Like I do have a habit of eating while high and now I just have no appetite. The thought of food makes me feel sick. I often don't eat for so long I begin to get stomach pains. So I have to really force myself to eat anything. Anybody have any idea as to why that is?

2. youre just psyching yourself out. do something you enjoy, watch a movie and relax. before you know it you'll realize your starving and be in need of a steak and cheese

3. I lose my appetite when I stop smoking too.

4. You're body is just adjusting to your change in habbits which lasts usually a week or two. You could try working out to get your appetite up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. lack of appetite along with insomnia are really common with Weed 'withdrawal'

6. same happened me to me! I've been up at my grandparents since the 10th so I was like fuck it I'll take a tbreak. And before then I was a heavy smoker, smoked 2-4 times a day every day. And then just stopped when I came up here. The second day being here (my grandparents) I felt like shit that morning and puked. But I felt much better after that. Then I lost my appetite, and I also had severe insomnia. I really couldn't sleep. Some people also encounter mood swings or depression.

Someone actually explained it to me nicely. And basically, your body is so used to the thc intake, that it almost depended on it. So when you took it away, your body reacted and you felt sick. The main side effects of stopping so abruptly are:
    -nausea/vomiting
    -loss of appetite
    -insomnia
    -depression/mood swings
    -lack of energy/motivation

You may encounter more than just those symptoms, but those are the main ones. I feel perfectly fine now. So don't worry! It happens! I know you couldn't control stopping for a bit, but if you know you're not going to be able to smoke, try to ease off slowly. For example, the first day, you smoke 1.5 grams. Next day, only 1.0 gram. Next day or two, .5 grams. Then when you stop completely, you won't get sick like you did. Feel better! Hope I helped

7. #7 SMOCATRON, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    It's all in your head. It sounds like you have built up quite a dependence. A t-break will be good for you.

It's a common misconception that weed is not "addictive" which is true in the sense that it's not like cocaine or heroin.

However, people can get psychologically dependent on the high and may exhibit their own "withdrawal symptoms" as a result which is what I think you have done.

During my first year of smoking, I went all out. I loved getting high because high school was super shit. I'd 4:20 every day at home after school, smoke at midnight later the same day, wake 'n' bake in the shower the next morning, get high in the school bathrooms etc. Then, we had to go for a school camping trip. I wasn't brave/stupid (you decide) enough to bring any weed so for 4 days, I had to go without smoking. Immediately, I found it difficult to sleep, my appetite was gone, I had no motivation to do anything.

Anyway, my point is that even though smoking weed is good, you should know your limits and stick to them.