Emergency Bong Repair, Please Help

Discussion in 'General' started by Spark_Lord, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Hey, stoner fam, one of the greatest tragedies of my smoking career occurred yesterday, my $350 legendary bong fell off a slick chair in the rain and the base shattered on the ground. The pipe and percolators are still fine so I was hoping that if there was any possibility of me repairing my baby, you guys would be the ones to ask for help. The base is essentially beyond repair but I was wondering if I could just take my first shot at amateur glass work and possibly weld it to the bottom of like a round glass liquor bottle or something. I've never welded before, but I watched a few videos on Youtube and I've seen it been done in person a few times (of course making me an expert haha), but what I need to know is if you guys know what I could get to use as a torch for cheap (preferably $50 or less, if that's not possible, the cheapest after that) and any tips you can give me. This bong is my baby and I can't just let her go without a fight, any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated, one love, stoney homies!

2. I really don't think it would be worth trying to fix. You wont be able to fix it if you've never worked with glass before, and it would cost a fortune to get someone else to fix assuming anybody would want to.

3. @[member="THCISMYGOD"] Yeah but one of my good buddy's makes his own pieces professionally so I'll be straight on it with his help, I know how to do it, I just don't have any equipment and my friend's outta town in like Costa Rica for a month, so I just figured I'd see if y'all could give me any tips and tricks and some info on where to pick up a cheap torch. It's not like I'm completely helpless I'm just lookin' for some advice. Thanks anyways though.