Why Are My Buds So Small?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by super_toker_123, Sep 20, 2014.

1. basically i have a budget grow set up... my buds are still smaller than i expected:( one of my pics makes the top cola look pritey big but if you look at the next one thats the reality... i decided to buy 'bigbud' nutrients my hairs have started to go red but as far as i know thats a good thing? my buds just arnt growing though. im now using 2x 23watt cfls 100watt equvilent per bulb there very close to plant. i need urgent help, it is roadrunner autoflower#1 from dinafem. thanks 

Attached Files:

2. #2 Ganoo, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    You need far more light than that of you want big buds. I have a 600w MH bulb and my 2 girls grow about 3 inches a day.

If you are determined to go with CFLs then I would use at least 150actual watts per plant and put them as close as you can without burning the back of your hand while holding the top of the plant.

Also, once you get more light look into LST, instead of 1 cola you'll have a bush.

3. You say cfls, but it looks like an LED panel over your plant? It does look like its seriously lacking in the light department though, the cuttings I take off my plants have more leaves than that.

4. running an autoflower under a cfl in a tiny cup will make tiny buds dude..

lots of light, larger pots = bigger buds.

5. They are small because you are growing her in the dark. Is this for real ? Dude that thing stretched for that panel. And those 23 watts are just that. 23 watts and at a door away from your plant is useless. Get tie the top down to pot and get all the lights down on top of plant a few inces away.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    At a foot away

6. #6 jonny.blaze/420, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    Yeah you want at least 100W so 4-5 of those 23W bulbs. Too bad Because it looks like you have a nice strain... at this point it is what it is unless you try to revert her back to vegetative state and let her do some real growing.

Edit... just realized its an autoflower strain... so no chance you can veg again... oh well... lessons learned.

7. I hope this dude gets a different light. I think he had a light brite up top and an incandescent on his side lamp. Good thing is the energy cost was low. Bad part his sister was upset her toy was gone. His dad is angry he can't find his book lamp. Haha but no really get some lights a plant can use. I am pretty sure you are boned with this auto flower as far as getting any flowers out of it. Would still be humorous to throw it under a 1000watt hps see what happened. Probably tip over when it tried to grow flowers. ...

8. not enough light, not nearly enough light

9. I'd be so mad if I wasted my time on this haha

10. Research>grow (x)
    Grow>research

11. Do all Autos start flowering once they get past the cotyledons or is this just due to the light? Ive never fucked with autos so :confused_2:

12. I currently using twenty one 23 watt cfls on two plants....plus two 24 watt t5ho strip lights...total actual wattage is over 500....Last run I was up to over 700 actual cfl watts....Got to get a lot more light....Might be time to start a new plant with more light...

13. Thats a lot of cfls man, why not go for the HID?

14. Need a lot more light, see how it is stretching for the light? cater for the plants needs and it shall reward you with primo buds.

15. So, more light... the CFLs should be inches from the plant to keep the plant short and bushy. The poor thing is chasing the light.