Chillum...the Proper Way

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by TheDudeist, Sep 20, 2014.

1. So I've had my chillum for a few months now and I seem to have been smoking it wrong. I'd pack it and hit it like a regular pipe. Well, I've been mistaken, I guess you have to use your hand and your mouth never touches the piece.

Any Chillum aficionados?

2. By no means a chillum aficionado, but as a stoner I would prefer the 'res' to be in the pipe and not my hands.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Exactly Coot.

I'll have to post a picture of the mouthpiece but it's got these odd indentations and somewhat flat.

5. You hold chillums between your 2nd and middle fingers then make a 'hollow' ball with both hands and you inhale between the thumbs.

It's also common to take a piece of cotton cloth and wet it and then wrap that around the base of the chillum - this will help cool the smoke a bit but regardless chillums are all about getting a massive amount of smoke into your lungs.

HTH

6. Your college or public library may have access to the full study.

Thandai and chilam: traditional Hindu beliefs about the proper uses of Cannabis.
    (abst – 1985)       http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3903086

Granny

• Like Like x 1
  7. if you just have a small glass chillum it isnt really gonna work that well with traditional methods, you need a larger pipe to cup it or even have space to wrap cloth around

8. I prefer the hand method unless I'm in a rush.

9. Do you find the high different?

10. I think I used one once a long time ago at a party, or maybe I didn't. Very familiar though, and definitely are supposed to cup your hands around it like the other users were saying.

Aside from that I think there a really cool piece and bring it back old school. I can picture myself in some sort of sanctuary smoking one of those bad boys :p

11. How would it change ones high?

Just makes the smoking process more enjoyable

12. The actual high from the smoke would be the same regardless. What I mean to say is the way you smoke a chillum is more personal. In a sense your own hands are an extention of the pipe. So, like you said more enjoyable.
    On a personal level smoking from a chillum is much more of a relaxing high as opposed to, say, a bong. The experience I get from a bong is more jittery and more of an effect on my head.