How Do You Train Your Dog To Not Pee On People??

Discussion in 'Pets' started by pussyslut, Sep 20, 2014.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and successfully dealt with it, my dog has recently (in the past 5 months) started to pee on people. Never me, never my family or my hubby or people we see regularly at the park, but every now and then (at least once a week) he will saunter up to a stranger get some pets and rubs and then BAM peeing in your boot. Or some poor soul thats standing there talking with someone that doesn't see him coming up from behind to pee on their leg.
    The worst was he pee'd down the back of some guy's pants, he was bent over petting a tiny dog and in less then 4 seconds he was over there peeing down the back of his pants, and he didn't even notice until he went to stand up and his pants fit snug again. I shout out but its never in time, it happens so fast!
    He actually rarely ever pees' on another dog, he never pees' on anything around the house....I just don't get it, when I looked up urinating behaviour it mostly just talks about marking issues or housebreaking issues, but he's not marking these people????
    I dunno. Anybody?? Dog People??? Help me stop being embarrassed at the park!! :unsure:

I know! Its hilarious! The worst part of it is I want to laugh SO bad but I can't because the look on their faces its like a mix of being horrified, confused, furious, disgusted.....And they are looking right at me! I have to feign some shock and surprise and act like "oh my gosh I am so sorry he has never done this before!!!" and then find a way to just....walk away really fast.
    But then the worst of it is that shit spreads around the park people talk, I don't want to be known as "that girl with the piss-dog" thats a terrible label to have!
    Seriously, I want to somehow stop this, I don't care if it takes training just tell me how to do it??? I can't think of how I could teach him to not do it..??

3. Drink a six pack of your favorite beer, then pee on your dog. Then look your dog in the eyes with a very serious look on your face and calmly say..."See...see how it feels to get peed on ?...Don't ever do it again."

4. alpha as fuck

5. Kick him in the dick, I bet it stops real fast.

6. This is great.  How do you not die of laughter.  Man that would be so awkward and make you look like such an asshole but I'd find it impossible to not laugh.

I do end up looking like an asshole, big time. 
    And it's an off-leash park so half of the time he is too far away for me to be able to react instantly to what he is doing, by time I get there the damage is done and he is prancing around looking for his ball. 
    I was thinking maybe getting one of those vibration collars and whenever I see him lift a leg near someone I can set it off and hopefully he can put two and two together to not do it, but it won't give him a complex about peeing in general would it???
    And I still don't understand the "WHY" behind it, I mean.....wtf??

8. Smack him when he does it

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yep, dogs are rrreeeaallll angels sometimes....

Attached Files:

10. your dog is poorly trained.  urinating on other dogs is a form of dominance.  quite literally your dog is marking them as his.

now in dog society, they could care less, it's normal to them.

11. Lol, How do you train it, what methods do you use, I'm good with dogs, can help a bit

12. Well I started training him when he was young, it was a lot of one-on-one training and the typical stuff, Sit, stay, lay down, speak, jump, shake a paw, high five, etc.   He knows the word no, he won't go up the stairs unless he is invited or go down the stairs unless he is invited, he is good around small animals.  The things I am working on right now and am having some success with are jumping and possessiveness.  He is getting better with the jumping, if I see him running up to someone to say hi I just have to say "AY!!! NO JUMP!!!" and he will not jump about 90% of the time, so that is improving from the 9% of the time we had last year at this time lol
    And the possession thing has been tricky because he is an only dog, it is hard to try and re-enforce that behaviour I want when I only get to experience that situation maybe once or twice a week. He is getting a *wee* bit better, he will let elderly dogs or female dogs take his toys now its just the puppies and the males I am still working on....

And the peeing thing actually stopped about 2 weeks after I wrote this. Just as quickly as it began....it stopped. I have no freaking idea why it even started or why he decided to stop, but there ya go. 

13. #15 Old School Smoker, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    Take that dog to the police department and have him piss on some cops.

Oh yeah thats smart, considering I have like......30+ plants in various stages going on in here lol

15. While i was doing home deliveries, a customer dog (a baby labador) peed on my shoes....

gotta admit, that was quite funny

16. you might try a leash...just sayin....