Seasoning A Ti Nail With Reclaim?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Asad32, Sep 19, 2014.

1. If I don't get enough reclaim and just decide to season it with the stuff I have now, how much do you normally need? I have crumble, I'm don't think that it really matters the type but I wanted to make sure

2. if you do the oven tech, only needs 1-2 dabs worth.

3. okay and you put it in the nail before you put it in the oven?

4. I think I'm gonna try the water method first and then put load the nail up and put it in the oven at 450.

5. Don't do the water method!

Bad for the nail.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Oh why?

7. Speeds up oxidation.

When your nail is oxidized it's it's bye bye heat retention, hello nasty dabs.

8. #29 Asad32, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    Okay thanks, and once I get all the reclaim-ISO mixture in a Pyrex dish would it be okay to put it on an electric stove? I heard using a coffee maker works pretty good, but I'm not going to buy one just for this, but I really need it to be ready in 4-5 hours

9. Water will not season a nail

10. #31 steadyglobbin, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    i do but that doesnt mean its safe tho, ive done it dozens of times but i still cant give a definitive answer. I always just say be as careful/patient as you can

11. How wouldn't it be safe? It's not like I'm blasting butane over a gas oven with a flame, but would it be better to do the old water purge method by setting my Pyrex in a bigger Pyrex with boiling/hot water?

12. #33 steadyglobbin, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    im not saying it is dangerous, i am also not saying it is safe because theres always something unexpected could happen thats why if your going to do it be careful and also blasting with butane can be dangerous even it is not around and open flame dont underestimate it. But to answer your last question that would definitely be the safest method and if you keep up with the water temp does serious work speeding up evap times. however to each his own and best of luck

13. It is just not a great idea to have ISO near an open flame, could easily catch fire from the fumes...Personally when I do an ISO wash to clean my piece or grinder or whatever, I do the wash, pour in a pyrex dish and usually let it sit for 24-48 hours with a fan lightly blowing over it to make sure everything evaporated...If you need to use your nail in 4-5 hours, I would just season the nail with the concentrate you have since it only takes a couple dabs worth, then you don't have to worry about all the alcohol not being evaporated in time

14. #35 YoShytsWeak, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    Be safe or don't do it at all,