I Need A Teacher

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tmntgrower, Sep 19, 2014.

1. i see what you mean about packed space. its a great problem to have though. they are looking real good. 

i hate the initial cost to grow is so thing. it makes me feel like it takes 2-3 harvest just to be able to afford everything you need when your on a budget. theres so much more stuff id like to get before i grow that itll take me forever to save up for it all haha. thankfully i had a decent outdoor year so i wont NEED to grow right away, but we all know how addictive it is to just be growing. i could grow a whole run and not need any of it, i just like to see it grow :)

2. Yeah an inline fan, a carbon filter,hid light, oscillating fan, nutrients, soil, containers, and digital thermometer are the very basics you need indoor. At very least you are looking at $600 for a decent setup. I think I helped somebody throw a room together with like $400 total invested but they had time hit yard sales waited for other sales. I hope to be able to turn my investment around First or 2nd run. Switching to Fox farm soil got pricey like $10 per smart pot to fill for soil I have 9 clones that I am vegging. $90 in soil adds up quick soiless mix was only $5 per container.

I am addicted now to buying garden products. So I know what you mean about loving the grow. It's awesome just to watch them get bigger and know you are helping it along. Indoors is more of a rush in that regard I would think because you are playing mother nature. Just ordered my 40-100x microscope for telling when trichcomes are ready. I don't want to get to eager and pull the crop short of it reaching its full potential. I also don't want it to get by me and ruin thc.

How does everybody else figure when their crop is done? Thrich's or when the hairs start to recede? I wish it was as simple as going by time but nothing is ever that simple.

3. The negative shot shows the growing flowers pretty good. If you look at the other color photo you can see them showing up. 13days into flowering I think they are coming in pretty good.

Attached Files:

4. ive got most of what i need. i just need the light. ive got what i want picked out its just finding the money for it during the slow season. summer time it probably have it already 

i love the negative photo. makes it looks smokey and misty behind the plants

5. Yeah money is a bitch, I have some but would like some more. I spent to much setting up my two grow rooms. Invest in the future though right. You could legally of course get rid of oz and get a light. Jkin the negative photo was really to show buds starting better. They are quickly coming in everyday bigger now. Love that hps light.

6. Today I rebuilt my grow cabinet, taller by 12 inches gained 6in by mounting light direct to ceiling of cab. What a pain in the ads but I am glad it's finally done. The girls were starting to show some light stress from being to close to hps light. Another our til lights kick on, have to water two of the girls. Plain water tonight for them, ph and some runoff. . Can't w8 to see new box in action. Ran out of mylar today, it's always something seem . Need more soil and mylar, a growers work is never done.

7. #47 tmntgrower, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    My woods heavy duty timer decided to die tonight. 10 weeks and its toast. $25 timer local hardware store will be exchanging that Gmail. Luckild I was prepared for this I have an extra cheap timer. Still a pain in the neck moving around timers resetting them all. Moving cords because certain timers block both plugs. I thought heavy duty meant it would stand up. I have 3 of these to.ers so hopefully it's just a bad one. If another dies I am changing companies.
    The clock works but power won't switch on no matter what mode you put it in.

8. Damn im not prepared for my timer dying. .. Glad you were!
    How many plants you got right now tmnt?
    how far are they into flowering (if they are)

9. Four flowering, 9 rooted clones, 5 clones still in aero cloner. I am 16 days into flowering right now. Got some real buds starting to come in. 600w hps for flower, 150 actual watt led veg light they call it a 300watt cob led apollo.

10. #50 tmntgrower, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    The girls look happiest this AM, so glad I got the light raised for them. Hoping that I can take out the last of my clones from aero cloner tomorrow. I think only three more of them are going to root. No big deal really, I wanted high success numbers but even with only 50 percent roughly making it from my second round I will still have 12 rooted clones over all. I will have to donate a few to other patients, using foxfarm soil and smart pots make them expensivish donatiins. Since my flower room has showed to only be able to hold four girls at a time I only need one third of the rooted girls. Guess we will just see who grows the best. I am even trying with the idea of keeping the later rooted clones allowing for a shorter veg time. It could potential help with the over crowding. Doubt I can bring myself to do that though. I am considering running three larger girls and a late comer pretty seriously though. Give three of them room to really spread their wings. It would allow me to see what advantwges I am getting from longer veg. Would really help me out in figuring out the future of my cycles. Hopefully I will get some more soil today I need to switch out of the gallon smart pots into five gallon. In the future I don't think I will use the smaller smart pot at all. I didn't hi k about the fact roots grow into the pots, makes for an ugly transplant when u have to break some root ends. Solo cup to 5 gallon I think they grew faster that way anyway, such a short grow life that transplanting sets them back to much. I need to invest in more smart pots.

The bud in the flower ok m is really starting to take off. I just really have my fingers grossed hat the next six weeks go well. I have heard a lot of go for stories of people who fail their first grows. I have dedicated a lot of time and effort into these girls.

11. Ordered from attitude seeds tonight. Girl scout cookies fem, Cinderella 99 fem, kalshnokiva fem, white rhino fem. Greenies are auto big gun, shock cbd, tha shizknit, cotton candy cane, sweet amnesia, and two Lee Roy the only regular freebie. None of these strains will actually see the light of day fro another 6 weeks. When my flowering girls finish I am going to restart from seed. Except for the autoflower I will probably just throw that in veg room and let it grow. I don't expect much out of an auto flower, so anything it gives will just be a bonus.

12. I call my plants ready for harvest when 50% -75% of the pistols are red and 50% or more trics are cloudy with plenty of amber.

Now days that is about the time the plants are laying down too heavy to hold themselves up. :D

I also judge ripeness by how fat and full the buds are, its just an over all look that tells you "This bitch is ready"  :D

13. This thread reminds me. I need to get another backup timer :smoke:

You dont need a teacher, youre doin just fine! :)

14. The view from my room tonight, so I am kinda a moron. Had damp rid in the room worried about humidity. Well the bag leaked. Killed a side branch, at least it's not a main cola. Cut it right off cleaned the mess out never again with damp rid so dumb. You live and learn right, it was actually better than what I thought at first I was scared it was bud rot.

Attached Files:

15. Here is my current Vegging line up. Also thrown in is a picture of my led I am using and my cloning reservoir solution I use. I have never used another brand so I can't really say if this product is good or not. A fellow grower I know uses clone x so I might try a round with their solution the next go. I doubt it though once I know something works I get chicken and try not to change anything.
    So my impulse buy of th gsc seeds from cali connections is seeming like a bad one. According to everybody who hasn't grown it there's no chance it's girl scout cookies. I do get that gsc was clone, and that maybe they had to pollinate with a strain that wasn't supposed to be in the mix? I don't really know much about breeding of mj yet. I normally skip those chapters and tune out. I barely have room to grow so fem only seeds is what matters to me. Anyways everybody seems up in arms that it can't possibly be the original strain blah blah. I actually don't care if it is, all I care does it pass the cookie taste test. I am going to clone the hell out of her no matter what she is. The hype around this strain in my area is huge and her prices are huge, so for me if it is remotely like gsc good enough. Take donations for some of her clones and get my seed cash back. Fing impulse buys and cali connections.

Side note attitude seeds want $40 for a hat. California connections $45 that's insane, 45 so I can advertise for you? Seed banks and breeders seem to like to take advantage of the fact m j isn't strictly legal. Why do they all inflate their yield numbers and shorten the flower time. If they were all honest nobody would be expecting this inflated numbers only to be let down.

Attached Files:

16. So I accidentally dialed 911 trying to dial 944. I didn't realize I had done this, made my phone call on house line. A knock came at the door, I asked who it was no reply. Turns out it was my local pd, I stepped out shut the door and asked what was going on. He explained somebody had dialed 911 and they had to make sure nobody was dead or hurt in the residence. I tried nicely to tell him nobody but me was home and that I wouldn't not allow him in. He turns around to inform me that he has every right to enter and that he doesn't care what's in the place only that nobody is hurt uh huh. I refused they brought 4 officers and entered anyways. Very odd to have them poke around the Plants, ask me for a script and leave. This could have all been avoided an hour ago if you just told us what was up and let us in. My thought was it could have been avoided if he had just fucked off. A strange feeling for sure, I am not sure why I didn't want them in my place. Mostly just that old instinct to avoid law enforcement at all costs I guess. Even though it's legal you never want to test it out you know. Good to know now though my local pd won't be troubling me about the girls at least.

17. Maine the pine tree state medical legal since 99' but really only legit legal for a couple years now. I wish I had talked to the operator, in maine though domestic violence crack downs have led to them taking every 911 as gospel. If you accidentally hit the numbers here you can be sure an officer is showing up.
    I know it's legal but it still is mind blowing for me to have the police looking at my girls and nothing come of it.

I would be shitting, but I probably have 20 times as many plants. Still dont want to talk to cops just like you.

Glad you got past that little phone blunder.