1 Wk Old Northern Lights Auto Drooping Already

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MisterWinter, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Hey folks. Wondering what could be the problem here (if any). Leaves on both these guys are looking droopy. 100w cfl is 2-3" over the plants, plants are In a 60/40 coco-perlite mix and I'm using GH nutes, just the grow formula right now... 1ml, with RapidStart in pH'd water (about 5.8-6.0).... Watering til runoff once a day, plus a misting or two on top of that... should I be adding other nutes now?

I'm planning on putting a full-spectrum LED on 'em. Is it time yet?

Attached Files:

• p1.jpg
      p1.jpg
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
    • p2.jpg
      p2.jpg
      File size:
      62 KB
      Views:
  2. I wouldn't use any nutes yet, to small, it doesn't look like much of a problem, let it grow, when you try to help it grow thats when problems start. you'd be surprised how well these weeds do without any help. when theres is a problem then address it.

3. Yeah, you should be using any nutes for atleast another week or 2. They come with nutes already that'll last them about 2 weeks. Plus they are very sensitive.

And it seems that you are really over watering them. Since drooping is a sign of over watering.
    You only need to water it 1-2 times a week, no more. You only need to feed daily once the plant gets really big.

4. For sure way too much watering, dont use nutes til the cotlys start to get consumed by the plants ( 1st little wee rounded set of leaves ).

5. #5 MisterWinter, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Cool, thanks so much. Hopefully I didn't fuck anything up by watering too much. I'd just read a ton about how it's tough to overwater coco but didn't realize 'til recently that only applies after the roots are fully formed.

As for the no nutes thing, Rapid Start and the 1ml/gal of grow I'm giving it now is ok, right? Or should I not even be using that tiny bit of grow? I was going off the specs on their site.

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH-FloraSeries-DTW-Charts.pdf

I've read that so many times, but my nurturing impulses don't listen.

7. Dude it looks like ur girls are stretching a bit to much. I'm not the expert and just a beginner myself but I think I may want to lower ur lights about 1-1.5 inches away. I use cfl's and my girls are literally right up on them and no light burn. Kinda hard to do with cfl's but it can be done so don't let the plants touch the bulbs but u can get really close. I did and this seemed to keep my plants shorter and bushier. 👍😄

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411144584.001147.jpg

That was one of my autos at 5 days next to my sugar black rose at 5 days and they are not stretched. Unless u have a strain that is supped to do that good luck bro.

Stay medicated...

8. Yeah, you just gotta water less. That should fix the problem.
    But you should slowly change the water schedule, don't do it all of a sudden, it may shock your plant.

As far as the nutes go, I guess it's okay, but just watch out for nute burn and any other changes. But I still wouldn't feed them nutes till later.

But I do feel you though, I can't help my nurturing impulses either. It's tough, but you just do what you gotta do.

And btw, what Rapid Start nutes do you use? What is it for, and is it good? I might take a look into it for my plants.

It's this stuff,
    http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-RapidStart-Branching-125ml/dp/B005H79552/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411146062&sr=8-2&keywords=general+hydroponics+rapid+start
    ...supposed to stimulate root developement. This is my first grow so the jury's still out on everything, but nothing's died so far, which is kind of a success I guess.

Yeah, my bulb was a lot higher than it is now and someone in another thread told me what you just did a few days ago. So I did lower the bulb and that sure slowed the upward growth. I don't think they've gotten any taller in a couple days now. My bulbs about 2" away right now. Knowing that, would you still bring it closer?

10. Oh ok kool. Nah, ur good to go. Just give them time is what I've learned around here. "Be patient" seems to be what everyone had to say 👍😄

Need to stop them stretch otherwise they will flop over, like Mari said lower light but if you have them at 2" now that should be fine.
    Not use any nutes for at least a few weeks, get at least 6 sets of leaves on the plant.
    Only water like every 5 or 7 days for the first few weeks, if you need further help shout me.
    Am no expert but currently on my 3rd grow and have learnt alot this year.