Man Shoots At Intruders, Turns Out It Was A No-Knock Raid. Now He Faces The Death Penalty Read More At Http://thefreethoughtproject.com/prosecutor-See

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Earth Ling, Sep 19, 2014.

1. #21 Storm Crow, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    No offense taken. However, unlike most other recreational drugs, cannabis will not kill you...unless someone drops a bale of it on your head! In my eyes, this makes cannabis prohibition even more insane than the laws that prohibit recreational drugs that do have the potential for fatal overdoses.

Cannabis users are "low hanging fruit" and the police are making out like thieves (which they are) with all the seized homes, cars and cash. Greed is fueling the war on drugs and the militarization of law enforcement is making it possible. Remove cannabis from the equation by legalizing it, and law enforcement no longer is getting all that cash! Drug enforcement budgets will be cut WAY back!

After folks realize that the sky does not fall with cannabis legalization, then it will be your turn to be the activist for the other drugs.  But to be honest, I don't think you will be fully successful. That "fatal OD" problem will likely prevent the full legalization that you want.  However, decriminalization is entirely possible and would make the use of other recreational drugs use purely a medical issue, ending the "no knock" raids!

Drug abuse and addiction should be a medical problem, not a legal one. Yet, at this time, the people are not ready to take this approach. So I focus on what CAN be done, and BADLY NEEDS to be done!

Granny

2. The man did what any man would do, protect himself. Absolutely rediculous they are trying to get him for the death penalty. Cops need to get more information before just acting on what an informant said who probably just made shit up to try and save his ass.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Only in Texas......

If you have that little drugs to be able to flush everything before the police enter then they probably shouldn't have had a warrant for your place to begin with. 

5. the racial thing with the media is really a big thing people like to say is bullshit or just seen through prejudicial eyes. 

its a big thing going on and its real sad. he looks depressed in that picture, he has to live with that now, killing someone he thought was coming to possibly kill or hurt his family. i'd do the same god damn thing and id stand by it. thats the law in pretty much every state right? the stand your ground law as its known in texas i believe. if someone is coming into your home without permission with a deadly weapon and you fear for the safety of your family, you have every right to blow that fucker away.

this no knock shit is bullshit. they wouldnt have time to get a gun if the police did raids like they normally did. you break down the door, yell "police search warrant!" then "get on the ground! get on the ground!". i've seen normal raids like that and they normally go well if planned right and the suspects werent tipped off. if he gets off he could try to sue the police department if he really wanted to. 

pretty fucking simple. and who the hell allows these raids? who approved this raid with no information on if he was a dealer or not? what kind of law enforcement agency takes a tip from someone as fact? 

6. oh and its texas, sorry to say it, but i dont think he'll get off. its the south. if you go through the south there are a lot of white stereotypes and racists. not saying all parts, just some areas of some states. 

7. I wish he took them all out. Fucking no knock raid get fucked.

8. This whole scenario is pretty fucked up to me. I may be wrong here, but I am pretty sure that in Texas you are allowed to shoot people on your own property who are trespassing unless they have a warrant. In the case of a no knock raid you are unaware that they have a warrant. So to you they are just people with guns breaking into your house. So it makes no sense that someone would be charged in this instance.

If I was on that jury I would vote not guilty in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  9. No surprise...

Cops are above the law...

10. Only in America would they do no knock raids on properties that people are legally allowed to protect with firearms. Pretty darn stupid no?