Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Firecracker Question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bullet_724, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Yeah it didn't work out for me😕 not sure why?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Decarbing is putting the weed in the oven at a lower temp for a little bit before you actually put it on the crackers and bake them. It does something to activate more of the THC or something? I'm not %100 sure, but I know it makes it more potent because you get more THC.

3. You didn't do this step right?

4. No I did not do this step.

But it's not a required step so I'm still not sure why mine didn't work?

5. #25 LoveisKind, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Oooh.. Maybe you needed to use more since you said you are a heavy smoker. I think when I try it, I am going to take a break for a week, then do it. That way, I have a bit of a lower tolerance to try it, then that way it's more intense.

6. See I had taken a week tbreak before I ate mine.

To decarb the weed I wrapped my weed in foil and my oven was pre heated to 220 I then baked my weed for twenty minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. That may be true, but still 1 gram should have had some effect. If I had smoked 1 gram I would have been stoned. Edibles are supposed to be stronger than smoking. But I might have messed up, cause one of the threads some guy said he takes them out as soon as he smells any into of pot. But all the other ones said 22 mins exactly. About 15 mins into them baking I started smelling pot really strongly, but because they all said 22 mins I ignored the smell and left them in. Maybe I overcooked them causing all the weed to vaporize in the oven?

8. #28 LoveisKind, Sep 19, 2014
    Maybe 10-15 (median 13=perfect time). It's like cooking meat, when it starts smelling like a strong burning smell, then it's no good. The strong pot smell was probably a sign. You should try the canna peanut butter recipe.. it looks a lot simpler and the peanut butter doesn't look as dry, but really creamy instead. I may try this:

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/478661-canna-peanut-butter-simplest-edible-ever.html

9. Wow that's awesome, I love that fact that it can stay stored in the fridge for up to 6 months! Can just make up a shit ton and use it everyday lol. Thanks for showing me that I think I will try that next time I attempt edibles.

10. Yes, I pray that yours turn out right. When are you planning on doing it? I hope when I do it next week mine will be awesome! If so, I am never going back to smoking since smoking is really unhealthy.

11. I probably won't be doing it for another week or 2. I got cut back some hours at work, so won't have much money left for bud this pay. If you do try it could you maybe post in this thread and let me know how it goes? I agree on smoking being unhealthy, I quit smoking cigarettes almost 2 years ago. But smoking a half oz of weed a week is still pretty hard on my lungs.

12. Yea, if I could afford a vape, then I would of gotten it a long time ago. Just tired of buying so many papers and smoking entirely way too much and going through so much weed. Anyway, I was hoping you would do it first so I can get your results lol. I am doing it next week probably Wednesday or Thursday. I will post on here and update.

13. #33 Bullet_724, Sep 19, 2014
    Yeah I feel ya, my friend just got the firefly vape and it's freaking awesome. If I had the money I would buy one. If I was getting my normal hours at work and could afford a half oz a week right now, I would gladly go try it right now and tell you how it goes lol. But I think I'm just gonna take a week or 2 t break until I get my normal hours back. I could only afford like a 8th a week right now anyway, and with my tolerance that would last like 2 days. So I will just take a t break.

Here's my update about the canna-peanut butter. It worked perfectly! I took about 2 grams of unknown dank/loud and mixed it in with about 1/2 cup of peanut butter and a little bit of olive oil. Check out the original canna-peanut butter thread. Anyway, it made me high for hours and hours! It took about an hour to creep in and an hour and a half to have me fully stoned.

Original Canna-Peanut Butter Thread:

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/478661-canna-peanut-butter-simplest-edible-ever.html