Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Beginner At Green Dragon, And Need Feedback

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ogderp, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, I'm a noob at making green dragon and I've made a couple of test batches using lower quality herb so I don't waste any dank top shelf on a batch that gets messed up. I followed master wu's recipe with a few modifications and was hoping that someone who is more experienced in making GD could give me some feedback before I make my actual batch with dank.

For the first one, I had more mistakes than the second. After decarbing the herb at 250 f for 20 minutes, I put it in the blender to grind it up more finely, but this made things worse because the kief and plant matter was hard to completely remove. Then I heated 3.2 fluid ounces of everclear 151 (highest proof available) in a mason jar, but I made the mistake of using a pot for the water bath instead of a pan thinking it wouldn't make a difference when it did. That made it harder to control the temperature and it bubbled more than it should have, which caused me to be left with what looks like 1/2 to 1/4 fluid ounces at the end.

For the second batch, I used 4 grams instead of an 8th because that is how much will be used in the actual batch. I decarbed the same way as the first but this time I just put the decarbed herb in my plastic grinder and it worked a lot better than the blender. Then I made sure to use a pan this time and measured to make sure the water was at exactly 1 inch. Then I heated 3 fluid ounces of everclear and 2 fluid ounces of 80 proof vodka because I was close to running out and everclear is expensive. This time it was easier to control the temperature and it didn't bubble too much. The mistake I might of made this time I think is adding a little too much alcohol, which isn't such a bad thing because then you could get a cross fade effect haha.

In the pics below, the one on the left is my first batch and the one on the right is my second. I left the herb in the jars and shake them twice ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411041818.716173.jpg a day to hopefully extract more cannabinoids

2. Yeah I've read both of those before I decided to go with master wu's method. I would've used psychedelic sam's recipe, but he said that his is specifically for using 190 proof, which I can't get and he said that his recipe is not for beginners.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. While 190 is the best, 151 will give you a good tincture, too, but the guide is adapted to give you the best results. There's some concentration limits with 151 when using bud or plant material so you just have to be a little more careful. It's not too advanced. We have lots of beginners but it does have a few more steps than most methods but I'm sure you can do it. It just takes a little more time and patience but not too much. 

I've seen your post in the other thread and have also answered you there but wanted to do it here, too, for anyone seeing it. If you have any questions about anything, don't be afraid to ask.  :p