Why Is T.i. Not Looked At As A Potential G.o.a.t Of Hip Hop?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by llllllllll, Sep 18, 2014.

1. We aren't talking about influences though.
    We are talking about founders.

The stuff biggie was producing has no semblance of similarity in sonic stylings as to what TI and DJ TOOMP were producing, beyond the fact that drugs, and violence were discussed. TRAP is home to a very SPECIFIC sound that was born in the south. 
    Chief Keef raps about a lot of the same shit TI does (to a much less lyrical degree) but he isn't trap. He is DRILL music, he founded that style with his group and production team. Did other artists from 5-20 years ago influence Chief Keef? you betcha. Do those people who influenced Keef get to claim they founded DRILL music? Absolutely not. Thats ludicrous to think that way.

2. because he just isnt that good...hes not horrible, but to call him the greatest rapper ever is ridiculous

3. read first post n try again.

Never said he is GOAT.

4. What is "drill" music and I'm sorry, but I can never take Chief Keef seriously.

5. Drill music is the scene that has started up in chicago within the past 2 years.

Pretty much anything keef has put out falls into the drill music sub-genre.

6. hahah just did, but i stand by what i say, i still dont think he has a spot in the top 20... A lot of that comes down to personal preference though, there are much worse rappers that people have named in their top 20s so i dont think its bad to say hes in yours and its hard to be objective about the best rappers... but imo he definitely doesnt crack the top 20

7. IDK if he would be in my top 20 either. I just feel like his name shouldn't be scoffed at when people bring him up amongst the likes of other potential GOATs. Hes put his time in and hes been one of the more consistent artists in the past 20 years.

8. I havent listened to him too much, and nothing from him for years, i remember back in like grade 7 or 8 right when i was getting into hip hop,, i really liked "rubberband man" and some other edited song with a verse from tupac, dont remember what it was called.  Anyways, he has a cool voice, which always helps, but hes never struck me as terribly original...but like i said, i havent heard more than 10 or 20 songs by him in my life

Define it how you wish, the real question is, is this worthy of any recognition? Look at what it promotes and the impact it has on people's lives. Also I just do not feel it is that different besides maybe auto-tune and the beat, but it is not tons of synth or anything remarkably different. 

10. ???

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Check out his album 'Trap Muzik' if you ever decide to check out a full project of his

IDK, if you think the overall sound of biggies music is similar to the overall sound of TI's music.. maybe you should get your ears checked lol

12. Illmatic > tips disco combined

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app