The Cycle Of College Hooking Up/dating

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by circlesandsquares, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Lately I feel like I'm stuck in a bad cycle. I'm not actively looking for someone to date, but if someone dateable came along and wanted to I would consider it. Anyway I'm fine with something casual. I just can't seem to find someone who wants to have a continued relationship with me? I'm a cool girl, I know I'm not unattractive or no one would get with me in the first place… Like at t his point I would be super happy to have a guy I could call to come over and smoke and hookup and watch come netflix, and leave it at that, you know? I guess I'm just frustrated. I keep hooking up with guys thinking there's something there when there's not, and getting led on. Like the last guy I hooked up with kept talking about hanging out during the week, etc, and then nothing. Can anyone relate?

2. I think you're hooking up with the wrong people they just want in your pants. But that's what every guy wants. So what do you expect especially in college?
    I feel the same way, I'd love to be able to call a girl to come smoke and whatnot.what's wrong with that?

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I think you just have to carry yourself in a way that aa/as guys know they can't bullshit you. It comes with time and confidence. I don't know your style but maybe you just need to be upfront with these guys and tell them what you want. Also ask them what they want. After that, let actions speak louder than words.

4. You think people want to date people that are easy? Your giving it up to early but what do u expect in college lol if u want a relationship or just fwb tell them before u hook up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I mean it's just shitty when you meet someone who you get along with who seems like they'd be a good hookup/chill buddy but they don't continue anything after that night, and then it keeps happening. I'm not sleeping with every guy I hook up with either..Prime example of the problem- the other weekend this guy I had met through some friends changed his plans to come out with me and my friends, and we talked all night and made out and he stayed over but we didn't do anything past kiss. We got along super well, he was a little nerdy and nice in that way, like not some player, and yet I haven't seen him since. Texted him the next weekend and he was busy, and he never made an effort after that.

Yeah I could work on being more upfront, I really don't know how/what's good timing or anything though. And how to bring things up early on without seeming prematurely clingy

"Oh hey kid I met very recently and am about to hook up with for the first time, I'm really on the prowl for a fwb. Ok carry on"

Yeah not awkward at all. And I specifically said I'm not entirely looking to date, also pretty rude and silly of you to be calling me easy when you don't really have anything to base that off of.

6. You said it yourself your just looking to hook up yet after u want something more, can't have ur cake an eAt it too, if u can't be upfront and honest about what u want from the start why even hook up with a random in first place? Why would they want to hook up with u? Or even try for something more after? Lol

7. What your saying u want is a fwb relationship if u can't just tell someone ur fucking that u want that from the start why even hook up if ur gunna complain that they don't Wana stick around after or do it again

8. You ever hear that song by snoop, aint no fun?

Your sentence about hooking up thinking theres something there is why theyre playing you.

When i met that special girl, we both wanted sex bad but waited. It was worth it i can say now 11 years later.

Dont be easy, but dont play too hard to get. Once theyve had you, the mystery is lost. Be unqiue, be different, and dont ever settle for less than you want or less than you give. Dont make people a priority that only make you an option.

Define yourself, before someone defines you.

These are words ill say to my daughters one day.

9. your fuk buddies with people and your wondering why they don't want to stick aroud after? Pretty self explanatory lol

10. #10 tetoleetd, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    pro tip for all the girls out there....  make the guy wait to have sex with you. that way you will find out if he is in it for the quick fuck or if there is something more. because there will be signs of him losing interest or he will just flat out give up if you make him wait and he is only looking for a one night thing.

i dont give a fuck if "the guy led you on" or whatever you want to call it. if you give up your pussy the first couple times you hang out then you more than likely gave the guy what he wants and he is out.

11. Don't put out that fast, go on dates and take your time. By sleeping with a guy ASAP it sends the wrong message.
    Also don't focus all your energy on college guys, they're only there for easy pussy and not so much a relationship.
    Good luck with your search tho.