Help With Quitting Weed

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Imnotthatfunny, Sep 18, 2014.

1. #21 Elem3nt17, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    I've been smoking for 16 years give or take and i've quit for extended periods quite a few times. There are 3 things that bother me when I quit cold turkey. I have a complete lack of appetite for 3 - 5 days, I remedy this by drinking lots of whole milk and lightly snacking throughout the day instead of trying to eat a huge meal.

The second is the complete inability to sleep despite being physically exhausted, not even sleeping pills help. Im pretty sure weed messes with your melatonin and rem cycle, but in my experience it only lasts 2 - 3 days before your body starts to adjust. Alcohol helps a bit I find, I usually have 3 or 4 beers on these nights.

The third thing is the irritability, not much advice I can give here besides try and be positive and remember why you are quitting in the first place. Just keep reminding yourself not to take your anger out on others.

After a week at most you are in the clear and youll start to level out and get more energy.

2. Ive been smoking regularly for twenty years and gave up for three months earlier this year. It was the harsh dreams I had for the first couple of weeks that were the worst, they were fucked up, after that it should be plain sailing.. Just don't replace with something like alcohol ! Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app