Whats Causing My Leafs To Turn This Color? (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Reebs420, Sep 18, 2014.

1. yeah ive seen that pic before too, i think im going to water her the soil is still free an sure it still has nutes, i just hope she recovers cause that means shes lacking phosphorus right?

2. Assuming its a phosphorus def then yeah she needs a bit more. I always worry that Im diagnosing the problem incorrectly and get very hesitant adding more nutes to a plant.

I have a couple bagseed plants going that have a funky issue happening with the leaves and I think its probably a overdose of N but not quite sure, so I understand the frustration of seeing your plants get a lil ugly, but I figure the issues I can come across now the better equipped I will be in the grows that follow ;)

Sending ya some healthy plant vibes man, good luck.

3. #23 Reebs420, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    thanks man i really appreciate that, my plant is doin well im not seeing it on any growth how ever though there was a leaf that i had clipped the edges off where  the brown was starting an now its coming back  :( but only on that one leaf how ever still worried bout her.

4. I wouldnt worry too much if its just on one leaf, the thing to remember is if the new growth looks healthy then you are probably okay. Once a leaf/leaves get fucked up they usually do not reagin their previous composure but if the new growth looks and acts healthy then youre doing okay and you move on. Now if the problem is progressing up through the new growth or if the old growth keeps getting worse then you know the issue is not solved...then you either try to correct ph with corrected water or flush the hell out of em.

In my experience, most issues arise from either ph issue (lock-out) or just deficeincies of either macro or micro nutrients. Flushing will at least get most of the potentially problematic nutes and salts out of the soil so you can start again. Flushing is also semi stressful as well so just weigh out the options and go with it.

We all fuck a plant or two up from time to time, especially as novices, but we learn and make corrections on the next one.

5. yeah i know, but this is happening again, its starting on the next leaf i really dont know what the heck this is, im just gunna give it a small dose of food to see if that helps? i dont know any advice id really appreciate it thanks! 

6. You do realize that if you put a little more effort into your soil to begin with (look up subcools supersoil recipe) and tweak it a little bit...then theres no fertilizing, no ph checking, none of all that just plain old watering and an occasional humic/seaweed/worm castings tea drink for the ladies and you will create a lemony pine forest...unless ya grow skunk, then it will smell like someone shit a christmas tree...the terpines jump out at ya growing with that soil....google it...keeps ya from killin yer ladies from too much lovin...

7. ok sweet so what your sayin it give it small dose of nutes? she hasn't had any yet. im guessing a little bit of food could help?

8. He's not saying that at all...he's just telling you for future reference to look into using a super soil mix. Good advice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. oh ok well its spreading upward i noticed another leaf now having the same issues the other ones had, please any help?

10. this is a small over watered with a little hot temperature. Help roots with foliar spray

11. no i dont think its over watering man i make sure i dont run into that issue an why will i foliar spray?