90 Watt Ufo Led Test Grow (Dwc)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Cloud_Neun, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Here's an update. Haven't had one in almost a month.

I managed to fight off the pythium pretty easily. I simply used bleach after doing research about other growers having used it successfully. It's amazing. A very small amount of bleach goes a long way and hasn't affected the plant negatively whatsoever.

I put 8-10 drops in my 10 liters of water/solution every 24 hours to kill off the pythium. This lasted about 5 days. After signs of it were gone, I started to add 5 drops every 24 hours to the 10 liters. I do this every other day. So far, there are no signs of root rot returning.
    Some guys add a little bleach every 3 days to keep it at bay, but every other day works best for me. If I wait too long, my air stone will start to have algae growth.

As you can see in the attached photo, I decided to tie down. I originally wasn't going to, but just before flowering started, I started to. I wanted to see how the plant would do without LST with a low power LED, but I then noticed it was getting too tall and not spreading out enough. The strings are all over the place because the plant was already getting tall. Would have been a nicer job if I had started tying down sooner.

Attached Files:

2. Here's a pic of my last soil grow (also NL auto) before I had to chop her early due to mildew...

Attached Files:

3. #24 Cloud_Neun, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    I just chopped my girl last night. It was earlier than I wanted, but not too early like my last grow. The trichs are milky with some that are amber. I wanted to wait until around half were amber but I had to chop her. I prefer a more cerebral high anyway.
    Today we had an annual inspection of the gas in our place, so to keep things as safe as possible, I had to harvest last night. Bad timing, but at least the plant was ready enough.

I weighed it wet and it came out to 8 ounces. So maybe I'll get around 2 dry?

4. Got some purple on the tops of some of the smaller buds

Attached Files:

5. #26 Cloud_Neun, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    Here's another pic

6. Oops, forgot the pic in the last post, haha

Attached Files:

7. So the dry weight turned out to be 2.22 oz

That is a fantastic result from just one 90w LED

9. Awesome, I'm happy to hear that. I thought so, but wasn't sure for that light. I want to try again, but with a normal plant and not an auto.

10. I also should have LST'd it earlier so I could have done a better job of training it.

A couple of the branches were fat, pretty dense buds, the rest weren't so full.

You didn't go far wrong man, that's more than I would expect from such a small light 

12. Right on, man. Yeah I was surprised even though I wasn't sure what to expect from it :)